• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, you can use 3,300uF caps.

Zobel components (0.1uF and 2R7) are optional and I never use them with my amps. In case you don't use them, DO NOT install jumpers in their place, that would short the output to the ground.

The rectifiers don't require heatsinks, in case of using shared heatsink (like a bar for instance), make sure that each diode is isolated from a heatsink.

Peter, thanks for your replies. I guess now all I need will be the transformers, the 3300uf caps, heatsinks and to build my enclosures and I am on my way. I am getting close. :D

After this I'll be able to compare it to the LM3886 GC I made from a Chinese board. Very excited to hear how it's going to sound.

Peter Daniel said:

Looks good. I'm also working on a new PS enclosure for Patek amp, will post some pics soon.

cool

:D

Attachments

• mvc-349s.jpg
    mvc-349s.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,541
Yes, I'm actually thinking about implementing balanced outputs on a DAC. That would require additional DAC chip and phase reversing on data line feeding it. But it's hard to say when this becomes available.

steenoe said:
Peter, after reading a few miles of this thread, I have to conclude this: You are the most patient and tolerant DIY'er on this board:cool: Pretty amazing:) Respect:cool:

Thanks Steen ;)

Peter, I have a basic question about how to tie together the primaries for a toroid.

My 300VA toroids for your LM4780 arrived today. The primaries are 115-0, 115-0 and the secondaries are 25-0, 25-0. Our voltage is 230volts, so does that mean I have to tie the 115 from one group to the 0 of the other group, and do the same for both, then connect my supply from the wall to them?

Peter, this is what I did, and the results I got. Please comment:

Blu (0v) . -----||------. Blk (0)

Grey (115v) ------||------ (25v) Red

Vio (0v). ------||------. Orange (0)

Brn (115v) ------|| ------(25v) Yellow

I tied Grey and Vio together and applied Live 240V to Brn and Neutral to Blu. I measured the primaries and they were giving 28.5V across Red/Blk and the same for Yellow / orange. Is this voltage too high for the LM4780 and did I wire it propperly?

Appreciate your reply b4 it is actually attached to the PSU and amp boards.

Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.