• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the DAC built with a green board. It is probably one of the first built by someone else than me ;) The only difference to premium version is use of Panasonic FC caps intead of BG NX (4 x 1000u in PS)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Before the DAC section on a website is up and running, here's the info regarding the circuit, options and prices.

Two boards are available: the all-in-one solution with integrated PS and all connectors PCB mounted; you will only need a piece of wood to put it on and it can work this way. It actually sounds better without a chassis and this is how I use it: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=599611#post599611

This board is $35.

The second board, does not accomodate transformer, and it has to be mounted separately. This is designed with exact the same parts in mind as the first one, additionally it can also accomodate 2 regulator circuits, acting as battery chargers, (if someone wants to use battery power). This board allows direct mount of both RCA and BNC input and RCA output (dual Vampire type) http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=604709#post604709

Let's call it a green board and it is available at $30.

Attached is circuit schematic, which with addition to one OsCon before U1 regulator in a first board, is the same for both.

Attachments

• pddacpremium_sch.pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,915
Schematic shows the type and parts values. This is quite critical for the DAC sound signature, and this is how I liked it. The actual combination makes the TDA1543 to sound very natural, open, harshless and neutral, with well defind soudstage, articulate midrange, and very tight bass; the big strengths are musicality and involvement. At present, I don't see any reasonable way to improve it. I'm using BG N caps for coupling and believe me, they are better here than MIT RTX, Siemens MKV, Russian paper in oil or Jensens (copper foil). I'm quite sure that the new V-caps are better, but this is not a reasonable way to improve that DAC;)

The premium DAC kit will contain the boards and the following parts:

MSR 860 8pcs
Line Filter 2pcs
Dale 20R resistors 4pcs
1000/25 BG NX 4pcs
Ferrite Bead 3pcs
AN8005 3pcs
AN8008 1pc
10/50 BG N 2pcs
47/50 BG N 1pc
15/20 OsCon 1 or 2pcs
4.7/50 BG N 2pcs
3n3 PPS film cap 1pc
330R Caddock 1pc
0.47/50 BG NX 1pc
75R Caddock 1pc
10n Vishay 2pcs
SN75179 1pc
CS8412 SMD 1pc
TDA1543 1pc
2k7 Riken 2pcs
1k5 Riken 1pc
BNC jack 1pc

The cost of All-in-One DAC kit is $210

The cost of Green DAC kit is $200

None of the kits contain RCA jacks, transformer, fuses or power modules. Those can be obtained separately and the prices are as follows:

PCB mounted Hammond 229D16 transformer (including power entry module and fuse): $30

Cardas double RCA Female, PCB mount: $20

Re: optical input?

Russ White said:
How difficult might it be to adapt the PCB to handle optical input?

For additional $10, I can modify PCB to accept optical input (including parts), but this will be the only input available on board. If you want two inputs (optical and BNC) it can be also done, but outboard. It's pretty simple actually.

Re: Re: optical input?

Peter Daniel said:

For additional $10, I can modify PCB to accept optical input (including parts), but this will be the only input available on board. If you want two inputs (optical and BNC) it can be also done, but outboard. It's pretty simple actually.

Peter id like to have this option as i have a cdplayer with optical and digital.. Please email me so i can talk to yuo and also get yor address for your part's..

Jason

In the premium kit, the 2 most expensive items are MSR diodes and 1000/25 BG NX caps. For slightly less refinement, they can be replaced by MUR860 diodes and Panasonic (or Elma Stargate caps) and I can offer another versions of both kits with that substitution (MUR869 and Panasonic/Elma caps in raw PS)

All-in-One Budget DAC is $160
Green Budget DAC is $150

Additionally a completely regular version will be available as well, with Panasonic FC caps, metal film resistors (probably Phoenix version from D-K), the only exotic parts being BG N 4.7 coupling caps. It will be available with green board only and the price:

Regular DAC kit: $100

This is still better than similar offers from other vendors, as the DAC provides extended passive filtering on board, separate raw supplies for receiver and DAC sections, dedicated regulators for each section (4 in total) and active input driver.

Additionally, I will also provide CS8412/TDA1543 combo at $20/pair (specify SMD or DIP version of receiver). The offer applies only with board purchase.

The shipping is as follows:

Bare boards: $6

One kit: $20

Transformer $5 extra

I will accept direct orders on the above item starting today, e-mail me for payment info.

While everybody are familiar already with clear boards, here's how the regular boards look. I finally managed to fix the silkscreening issue (initial production had almost invisible printing).

Attachments

• bd.jpg
    bd.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 5,111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.