• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter, that is an impossibly small heatsink you are using!!

I would like to try a very similar thing. I have many questions about it... What CPU voltage, FSB and multiplier settings are you using? Do you know the power dissipated by the CPU and the performance of the heatsink in deg C per watt? What kind of CPU temperatures do you get under load? Are you under volting and under clocking the CPU? What are the dimensions of the heatsink?

I have an Athlon X2 that I am running at 0.88v and 1GHz. My best estimate at power output is 15W max. Do you think that compares well to your setup?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've already built first prototype, using those boards, and it came out really nice. I'm still experimenting with fine trimming of PS and smaller heatsinks, but other than that, the circuit is complete. You may notice that it's quite similar in a form to the DACs ;)

If interested, contact me about the boards.

Attachments

• p11.jpg
    p11.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 971
  • p22.jpg
    p22.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 928
Peter, that is an impossibly small heatsink you are using!!

I would like to try a very similar thing. I have many questions about it... What CPU voltage, FSB and multiplier settings are you using? Do you know the power dissipated by the CPU and the performance of the heatsink in deg C per watt? What kind of CPU temperatures do you get under load? Are you under volting and under clocking the CPU? What are the dimensions of the heatsink?

Check out the discussion starting with post #2374: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51381&page=119

I'm presently using Gigabyte mobo and E7200 CPU. It runs really cool and fan was not needed; IIRC the temp was below 50 deg. Recently I added small fun just to be safe and sometimes, for critical listening, I simply take it off.

Attachments

• comp1.jpg
    comp1.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 808
  • comp3.jpg
    comp3.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 775
A phono stage circuit will be available soon. I've been experimenting with it since last winter and finally came out with a version that practically competes with anything out there. A first prptotype have been already presented here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145383 however the board pictured below is much more practical and convenient. The phonostage circuit is coupled with a shunt reglator (which is double the size the phonostage itself) in a package similar to previously offered NOS DAC design. Both sections can be separated and used on its own.

The boards go into production next week and should be available in 3 weeks or so, after I'm back from my European vacation ;)

Man, Peter, I can't wait! Seems like it has been longer than a year... :p But I'm glad the wait is over.

Peter,
Sorry, I can't trawl through the whole thread.
What is your recommended cap to go with the premium 3875 kit? Did it end up as the BG N 100u?

And could you supply me with a premium kit including the recommended caps, but not including pcbs or PS parts? I intend to wire it point to point.

thanks.

Peter-

Got my LM4780 kits in the mail and am now working on them (quick shipping !)
The skematic calls for 2.7R resistors...im assuming the 1.5R that came with the kit are the replacement? Also, the skematic also calls for .1uF caps in the Cz location on the board. The closest that came with the kit are 10uF electrolytics. If these are to be used, are they to be positioned short rail to the ground side? (I have some 0.1uF poly Film 63v caps available to be used as well...would they be better suited?)

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.