• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Custom USB cables count

Let me under underscore value of short cables. I cannot yet go as short as Peter's photo above, so as an interim experiment I simply chopped a commercial cable down to 8 inches. WOW, big jump forward in depth, dynamics. Using a good quality USB 2.0 cable better than cheap one even at this length. No doubt that short solid silver wire will be another jump, but I have to wait till I build the MB into my integrated case to get close enough to DAC.
Where did you find the USB connector for the custom cable?

According to some people ...

all of this audio stuff sounds the same, so why bother?

If you are getting the best possible result from USB then continue to enjoy it.

Forgive me for being mystified but when someone in this industry says that something is the same, so there it is ... I am mystified!

One cannot get anywhere comparing eggplants to tomatoes, even when they are from the same family, they are different, but ...

As long as enjoyment is derived that is all that matters and on that I am sure we agree.

I cannot remember, are you powering the HDD with its own power supply? Whether USB or PCI this makes a difference.

Re: No one said it was easy

I'm planning on trying separate regulators for HDD and wireless USB mouse receiver, but that after I put everything into a dedicated chassis.

BTW, I don't remember what DAC are you using? Is it dedicated USB input device or you just adding USB to SPDIF adapter to a regular DAC? Because if this is the case, it could worse than comparing apples to oranges;)

I give up. Everything is done right now. Anything more might be impossible due to the endless soldering corrections from having to piece how to actually get this thing right. (Peter as helpful as you are I think maybe just some nice PDF's put together would be easiest for you and people building) The DAC I might try to have a professional reverse the polarity on the NX and replace the Dale with Caddock.

Some day I will maybe order a new set of PCB and components or just try a different amplifier.

I will say the noise is loud as hell now though, when nothing is playing, I mean like I do not have to put my ear to the speaker.

Well after looking at the information for awhile I decided that...

I should connect the SG from one channel to the other. Then connect the RCA's together.

Well wrong. The channel that no longer has SG connected straight to the PCB, well that channel I can tell that I just listened to Californiacation by Red Hot Chili Pepppers on...

The whole situation is leading my to believe there is a ground loop happening though. It would explain why some sources RF occurs with and others do not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.