• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using polystyrene caps here.

That grounding method was specifically for stereo amp. Monoblocks are much more forgiving to grounding errors and if you wire them in conventional method (4 wires from rect board to amp board) it should work fine too. You may experience problem though, if Earth ground is connected to chassis, in that case connect output ground to chassis instead (from negative speaker post) and Earth ground not connected (to chassis).

Audiosector NOS dac completed!

Hi guys,

Finished the dac :D . Currently breaking in. I added a HagUSB board as well (modified with Lundahl pulse transformer, BG caps, Caddock resistors).

Enclosure is Michael Woods' 0908 enclosure from DIY enclosures

Check it out. Thanks for all your help :worship:

Comments, questions, advice...welcome! Other pics here on audiocircle:

Poseidons Voice NOS USB dac

Anand

Facing the competition from various group buy offers, I decided to introduce new version of LM4780 board. Since my cost is also lower now, I'm passing the savings to potential buyers. The board as you see in a picture is $20.

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,247
Re: Audiosector NOS dac completed!

nycavsr2000 said:
Finished the dac :D . Currently breaking in. I added a HagUSB board as well (modified with Lundahl pulse transformer, BG caps, Caddock resistors).

Enclosure is Michael Woods' 0908 enclosure from DIY enclosures

Check it out. Thanks for all your help :worship:

Comments, questions, advice...welcome! Other pics here on audiocircle:

Poseidons Voice NOS USB dac

This is an incredibly well made piece of equipment, with a lot of attention to detail. If I can suggest anything, you may bapass the input coupling caps if your source or HagUSB board allows it.

Also, what is your primary source? If it's CD player, you may still simplify the way the inputs are wired.

This is an incredibly well made piece of equipment, with a lot of attention to detail. If I can suggest anything, you may bapass the input coupling caps if your source or HagUSB board allows it.

Peter,

Thanks, that's a great compliment coming from you as your enclosures are really, really cool.

I was thinking about removing the polystyrene caps like you recommend. And I was also thinking about using some VH Audio or Mundorf Silver in Oil caps on the output but the unit sounds so good already...My source currently is a modified Philips 963SA as a transport. I'm moving up to a Squeezebox/Computer USB territory in the near future.

I'm sure your NOS design will complement it quite well.

Thanks for the design,

Anand.

richyrich212t said:
Peter,

Is your DAC kit available yet. If so how do I get one or Two ??

The DAC has been available for the last two years. The thing is, I don't really advertise it much and all sales have been generated by a small info entry in May18th Latest News on my site: http://www.audiosector.com/ and couple reviews from 6moons with the latest one posted here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audiozone5/system.html

Few months back, I redesigned the original board, since DIP version of CS8412 receiver is not available any longer in large quantities. The board now accepts only SMD receiver version, and the layout has been slightly improved. The current price is $230 for Premium kit. Hammond transformer is additional $30 (including PCB mount fuse and power entry module), Cardas dual RCA adds another $20. International shipping is $25 (with transformer), $12 without.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 9,750
Peter Daniel said:

The DAC has been available for the last two years. The thing is, I don't really advertise it much and all sales have been generated by a small info entry in May18th Latest News on my site: http://www.audiosector.com/ and couple reviews from 6moons with the latest one posted here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audiozone5/system.html

Few months back, I redesigned the original board, since DIP version of CS8412 receiver is not available any longer in large quantities. The board now accepts only SMD receiver version, and the layout has been slightly improved. The current price is $230 for Premium kit. Hammond transformer is additional $30 (including PCB mount fuse and power entry module), Cardas dual RCA adds another $20. International shipping is $25 (with transformer), $12 without.

I think this page needs some updating. Or at least some new information about the kits and other products.

J'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.