AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 75 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 1st February 2006, 02:10 PM   #741
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Yes, you can use 3,300uF caps.

Zobel components (0.1uF and 2R7) are optional and I never use them with my amps. In case you don't use them, DO NOT install jumpers in their place, that would short the output to the ground.

The rectifiers don't require heatsinks, in case of using shared heatsink (like a bar for instance), make sure that each diode is isolated from a heatsink.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 1st February 2006, 07:17 PM   #742
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to safetyman Send a message via MSN to safetyman Send a message via Yahoo to safetyman
Peter, thanks for your replies. I guess now all I need will be the transformers, the 3300uf caps, heatsinks and to build my enclosures and I am on my way. I am getting close.

After this I'll be able to compare it to the LM3886 GC I made from a Chinese board. Very excited to hear how it's going to sound.
Old 2nd February 2006, 12:27 AM   #743
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel

Looks good. I'm also working on a new PS enclosure for Patek amp, will post some pics soon.

cool

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-349s.jpg (41.1 KB, 1493 views)
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:36 AM   #744
diyAudio Member

Will a Sola E350E work with 3875? Also even if it will work how will the performance be? I would never choose to use one that will not compete with the rest, not when I am using the best parts I can short of pure silver.
Old 3rd February 2006, 01:59 PM   #745
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to safetyman Send a message via MSN to safetyman Send a message via Yahoo to safetyman
Peter, if I were to place the transformer in a separate casing, should I include the rectifier boards there and bring DC into the amp case or should I keep the rectifier boards in the amp case too and just leave the transformers on the outside?
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:09 PM   #746
diyAudio Member

It is better to include the rectifier boards with the transformer and bring DC into the amp case

Quote:
Originally posted by Destroyer OS.
Will a Sola E350E work with 3875?
I'm not familiar with Sola products, but as long as it provides proper voltage I don't see a reason not to try it.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd February 2006, 08:13 PM   #747
diyAudio Member

There was slight delay recently with processing Premium kit orders. A shipment of parts (to me) has been hold by customs for 2 weeks.

Presently, all outstanding orders that were placed before 3PM today, have been shipped. It also applies to Aleph 30 boards, mentioned here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...810#post815810
Old 3rd February 2006, 08:26 PM   #748
steenoe is offline steenoe  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Peter, after reading a few miles of this thread, I have to conclude this: You are the most patient and tolerant DIY'er on this board Pretty amazing Respect

Steen
Old 4th February 2006, 03:15 AM   #749
diyAudio Member

https://www.rselectronics.com/Catalo...=E350E&MFG=SOL

Do they have to be torodial?
Old 4th February 2006, 08:38 PM   #750
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

peter with the Aleph 30 is one pcb two channel or one channel?

Hide this!Advertise here!