• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And just yesterday I collected TL0 ;)

Attachments

• tl0.jpg
    tl0.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,734
Yes.

Initially, it wasn't really much impressive, I had to experiment with supporting platforms and cables.

It sounds much better with holder feet under the cones and it also seems to sound better on acrylic rather than granite.

The sound could be described as having "musical softness, tonal non-aggressiveness, space, elegance and grace".

I didn't really realized how much I'm getting of it, untill I switched back to Levinson. There isn't really much to compare ;)

However, it does not play CD-Rs.

help need - loud 'click' sound from amp

Hello,

First, I finally put the Peter's LM3875 kit together, using my old pair Akai speakers it does produce really nice sound just by listening, of course the speakers is like 20 years old and it is not in very good shape now. But I don't have a nice pair of speakers and this will be my next little project.

One thing I find it strange is, when I am plugging the power cord on, even I turn the volumn control to minimum, sometimes (not all the time) I can hear a loud 'click' sound coming out from speaker. I have both the CHG fastened on the chassis, and the power Ground is also fastened on the chassis but at a different location.

If I try to plug in and out of one of the speaker's banana plug, sometimes I can also hear this loud 'click' sound from the speaker, even if I did not play anything and have the volumn control turn to the minimum.

Have you experienced anything like this before? or what could it be by your experience?

Thanks,
Lee

Quick question for Peter, or anyone else who can answer it...I have both the LM4780 and the LM3875 kits from audiosector, and I'm wondering what the input sensitivity of these kits are? I'm going to be getting a preamp soon and I want to make sure it's mated well, and the designer is willing to tailor it to my amps' input sensitivities.

Thanks in advance.
-Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.