moe29 is offline moe29  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to moe29 Send a message via Yahoo to moe29
check out page 4 of this thread.

I did the same thing Peter demonstrated... works great
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:53 AM   #622
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
You can get Cardas dual RCA from Percy. But you can also easily build your own, using single RCAs. Both boards have solder pads at the bottom to accept home made dual RCAs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca.jpg (55.6 KB, 1938 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd January 2006, 01:17 AM   #623
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel

For signal, I'm using solid core silver (looks like 30ga) that came with S&B102 TVC, I'm not sure where it can be bought. I also like Vampire solid core wire (26ga) that Percy sells.

For power and speaker connections I'm using Cardas hookup wire (19.5 ga). Since I'm using it in umbilical cord, solid core wouldn't work. Also, Cardas seems to work better than everything else I tried so far. Solder pot or high power iron is needed for termination (multiple enameled strands).
Thanks for the information. Do you mean the Vampire Cast Copper Wire 26.5 guage? ($5 for 50 ft) chassis wire?

I found Cardas hook up wire very nicely priced at http://www.partsconnexion.com . Are there any US places that sell it? According to their website there is no US distributors....

Where did you buy your S&B102 TVC, I assume you are using this transformer in the power supply for your amplifier. I did a search for the Vendors Bazaar but with out a specific page turning up there is a lot of searching to do in this topic. Google pulls up nothing I found useful for S&B102 TVC.

Sorry about the lame questions as I would image you prefer technical ones that can improve things or correct them
Old 3rd January 2006, 01:25 AM   #624
diyAudio Member

Percyaudio.com sells Cardas wire as well. That's the Vampire wire I meant.

S&B102 TVC stands for transformer based volume attenuator; since I build them regularly, I have lots of cutoffs I'm using for signal wiring.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd January 2006, 03:41 AM   #625
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow!.......................Great chassis...........how about the balanced version?

Jam
Old 3rd January 2006, 04:26 AM   #626
diyAudio Member

The balanced (and buffered) version will be available at some future time as well.

I'm also working on an integrated with TVC front and balanced GC ouput.
Old 3rd January 2006, 05:06 AM   #627
diyAudio Member

I want! Well maybe some day...
Old 3rd January 2006, 06:58 AM   #628
diyAudio Member

I have been looking over Plitron's transformers. Could I get a little help selecting one? I figured on going with a 300-400va for 8 ohm speakers (I really can not see myself ever having 4 ohm speakers). Based on a price of a 300va on Mad About Sound I assume some where under $50 is reasonible?

I have been looking on Plitron's website but I am not sure how decipher all of the specifications.
Old 3rd January 2006, 07:01 AM   #629
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by Destroyer OS.
I have been looking over Plitron's transformers. Could I get a little help selecting one? I figured on going with a 300-400va for 8 ohm speakers (I really can not see myself ever having 4 ohm speakers). Based on a price of a 300va on Mad About Sound I assume some where under $50 is reasonible?

I have been looking on Plitron's website but I am not sure how decipher all of the specifications.

a 300va tranny is going to land you at least 140$ cdn.. ill see if i can find the link to the company i bought mine for.. i bought 3 x 300va trannys @ 16-0-16 for 80$ with shipping.
Old 3rd January 2006, 07:51 AM   #630
diyAudio Member

http://www.madaboutsound.com/prod_det.asp?product_id=8

$48 US..... I just figured I should buy from some where based in the USA.

Oh yeah could I just get a couple optional specifications? Who manufactures good ones? How good does it need to be? I can get a lot of electronic stuff, but most the time it is not audio worthy. I can get 40% off of stuff from Newark and similiar prices off with other major industrial dealers.

Hide this!Advertise here!