AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 50 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 8th December 2005, 03:07 PM   #491
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
It is R1 on the board (220R in premium kit). You can short it with a piece of wire and effectively remove it from a circuit. I'm not using those resistors in the Patek amps, and it works fine. You'll gain a bit more of clarity and if the amp does not oscillate you can leave it like that (may be depend on the rest of a system).
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 8th December 2005, 03:14 PM   #492
LBHajdu is offline LBHajdu  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello again Peter,
Its unfortunate that the LM3875 sounds better, as it is less powerful then the LM4780. I take it that two LM4780 boards can be bridged and then balanced with the xlr to 2rca cable. That would be like 200W at 4ohms at about 27V (I didnt calculate its just a ballpark guess). I dont have any high efficiency speaker thats why I ask.

Because the LM3875 sounds better would it be possible take your LM4780 Amplifier bridged Schematic and replace the amp with two LM3875ss (I can draw it for you if you dont understand what a mean). I know there are a lot of circuits out there to do this already however many of them seem like compromises. The extra benefit of this arrangement would be, if it works, better heat dissipation as all the chip dies are in separate packages. Of course it may be better to just use the LM4780 as you already have the boards ready to sell.

Leve,
Oh no its another power hungry amp builder.
Old 8th December 2005, 03:23 PM   #493
diyAudio Member

Hi,

The difference between both chips is not really that big. I was using for at least 2 months LM4780 amp in stereo configuration then I switched to bridged setup (same chip) and I liked them both. It is a matter of deeper refinement and it is not always that obvious and greatly depends on the rest of the system. After few months of using LM4780 in bridged mode, I switched not to LM3875 in bridged mode and the difference is rather subtle.

Besides, two bridged LM3875 seem indeed more powerful. The bridging schematic for LM4780 aplies equally well to LM3875.

If you really need power, go with a bigger chip, you shouldn't be disappointed.
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 8th December 2005, 03:34 PM   #494
diyAudio Member

The buffer boards I described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...650#post748650 are already fabricated. As soon as I test them, they will be available (it will be at least 10 days before I receive them though).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buffer_1.jpg (58.1 KB, 2094 views)
Old 9th December 2005, 01:21 PM   #495
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter

Is the site down for some reason?

How long do you think it would take from Canada till the kits get here?

I have a couple of 4780s lying around, I want a 4 way amp (bridge/parallel) so I was wondering if I could customise my order a bit or you are pretty fixed as far as kit order goes. I basically need 4 complete amps and I already have 2 chips, and I would love to get my hands on some good passives (Hint - Riken/Caddock/BG in exchange for two chips - I'm just being a miser here but I need to $ave)...

And why can't I access the site?
Attached Images
File Type: gif audiosector.gif (50.3 KB, 1733 views)
Old 9th December 2005, 01:49 PM   #496
diyAudio Member

0648 PST - I see it OK here
Old 9th December 2005, 02:27 PM   #497
sangram is offline sangram  India
diyAudio Member

Still can't see it....
Attached Images
File Type: gif audiosector.gif (11.3 KB, 1678 views)
Old 9th December 2005, 07:58 PM   #498
diyAudio Member

Well, I made it: five channels Patek version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (59.6 KB, 2105 views)
Old 9th December 2005, 08:00 PM   #499
diyAudio Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (78.3 KB, 2024 views)
Old 9th December 2005, 08:02 PM   #500
diyAudio Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b3.jpg (77.0 KB, 1841 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!