AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 24th February 2005, 11:11 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
... MSR860. The diodes are almost $2/pc in 100pc quantities
Peter, have you looked at the IR HFA08TB60. Pretty much the same thing as MSR860, but down to $1.40/pc in quantity.
Old 24th February 2005, 11:25 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default IR HFA08TB60

Actually I tested those diodes once: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...309#post134309

They were not as good as MUR860. MUR860 are also better than MSR860 for GC amps. It's only for digital that I prefer 'S' version. The difference is not that big, yet it is worthwhile if you want to get the most out of your setup.

I'm pretty sure there are cheaper, equaly good diodes, I just didn't have a chance to find them yet.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th February 2005, 07:45 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

The new LM3875 boards have arrived, and here's how they look. I will present some new features and post more pics soon.

All copper areas are gold plated, with clear mask and black silkscreen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pcb3.jpg (90.9 KB, 19385 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th February 2005, 07:47 PM   #34
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Drool : O )
Old 25th February 2005, 08:02 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

The most important new feature is additional spot for feedback resistor (you can see extra hole between chip pins). This allows for very easy mounting of that resistor, yet keeping conections extremally short. The other resistor lead solders directly to pin 3 of the chip.

All the usual snubber PS parts can be mounted directly to rectifiers board as well, including 10,000u caps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pcb3.jpg (92.3 KB, 19956 views)
Old 25th February 2005, 09:37 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Dang Peter, those are some beautiful looking boards. I think it's pretty much mandatory to put a board like that in a case with some acrylic, so you can see it

If I didn't have so many dang gainclone variants laying around, I'd buy quite a few from you.. (I've got some 3875 and 4780 BrianGT boards, along with a ton of 3886 Digi01 boards). Damn you for tempting me!

I still may have to order a set to put in an acrylic enclosure and just call it art.
Old 25th February 2005, 09:59 PM   #37
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
It does look good : O ) congrat's Peter Hae you sold the regulator Board's ?
Old 25th February 2005, 10:48 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Yeah, that board looks indeed refreshing, comparing to all the red we had so far. When you break it in small pieces it looks even better. This is my current preference: no series resistor, BG N 100/50 caps and of course no Zobel (althogh it can be implemented)

PS: There was an inquiery about reg, so it may be sold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (77.0 KB, 20058 views)
Old 25th February 2005, 10:51 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Here's a close up on feedback resistor. It mounts very easy, in closest possible way to the chip. The procedure doesn't require any special tools and is easily repeatable. I believe it's the most practical method for mounting that resistor.

Pin 5 is not connected (internaly) so there is no danger of a short.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (94.3 KB, 19628 views)
Old 25th February 2005, 10:54 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Now, here's the PS board. It's still the same size as previously, yet allows all the variations of the snubber and big caps (up to 35mm dia). There is a LED output on board as well.

The spacing on output connectors are the same as on the amp board, so piggy backing is still possible

BTW, this board allows everything that Brian's LM3886 special supply board does (but in more compact format). I will fabricate extra pieces (just for the PS), so anybody willing to upgrade previously bought version will be able to do that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b3.jpg (62.0 KB, 20087 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!