AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 35 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 18th October 2005, 03:33 PM   #341
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
The DAC sounds good right from the beginning, first hour is always most critical for warming up. It will further improve over the weeks though, keep it on all the time.

The design has been favourably accepted by everybody, here's some comments I received from the most happy customers:

It is the best DAC in my system ever! Beats two Wadia players, an Audio Note Dac Kit 1.1 with all BG and AN copper in oil caps and tantalum resistors, Bel Canto 2.o and Cal Audio Alpha, using the cheapest interconnect ever, between my modded TL-2x and the DAC.

The units are terrific. I've been running them in for only a few hours now. But man I'm blown away already. This is some really high end sounding ****! Excuse the languange.LOL

I'm already having a blast with how well the overtones are of Pianos and every other instrument that comes through. This Dac is excellent. It lets the music just flow. Everythings there..just more vivid than I've heard it. Separation is amazing with the little combo. It's a match made in heaven with my FTA-2000s. Honestly it's the most musical sounding setup I've ever owned. How's that for a first impression! And the damn things aren't broken in yet. Whatever your doing ..keep right on doing it...your definitely on the right track!

A friend of mine, who's very mysterious and don't want to say much, have built your DAC using AN silver caps, some other exotic parts and different PS. In the end he sold his Audio Note M3 DAC, which was upgraded to M5!!! He claims your DAC is better

I can't guarantee the authenticity of the last quote though
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st October 2005, 12:30 AM   #342
moe29 is offline moe29  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to moe29 Send a message via Yahoo to moe29
Peter...

what about my email telling you that you're selling them to cheap?????

as usual, keep up the good work
Old 21st October 2005, 01:16 AM   #343
diyAudio Member

I only charge what I would be willing to pay myself
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st October 2005, 01:22 AM   #344
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
And till this day i still compar my other audio to this nice sounding device
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peter.jpg (72.8 KB, 2596 views)
Old 21st October 2005, 01:30 AM   #345
diyAudio Member

I'm close to finilizing an output buffer stage that can be used in a preamp or DAC. Here's the proposed board layout. The board contains one audio channel and a complete PS (except for transformer). The size is about 2 x 4" .
Attached Images
File Type: gif buffer.gif (99.7 KB, 2250 views)
Old 21st October 2005, 01:32 AM   #346
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
I'm close to finilizing an output buffer stage that can be used in a preamp or DAC. Here's the proposed board layout. The board contains one audio channel and a complete PS (except for transformer). The size is about 2 x 4" .

I think Me / Brent would be good person to give you some feed back on this
Old 21st October 2005, 01:40 AM   #347
diyAudio Member

Here's the schematic. I was working on that design with another forum member, Veteran, and he provided the layout's concept, I made the final trimmings. Schematic is also drawn by him.

I've been using that buffer in my preamp for last two years, and I'm very happy with a performance. Combining that with an input gain stage and volume control circuit, may create quite attractive line stage.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf buffer_ml.pdf (39.8 KB, 475 views)
Old 21st October 2005, 02:23 AM   #348
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jleaman
And till this day i still compar my other audio to this nice sounding device
This was one of the early prototypes, made p2p. Apart for two separate transfomers and different caps in initial filtering, there is not much difference with current DAC version. That DAC was still using ceramic triplets, removing them may improve the sound (or maybe not ).
Old 21st October 2005, 02:44 AM   #349
Banned

Ceramic nothing in this dac
Old 21st October 2005, 03:08 AM   #350
diyAudio Member

Default Flip it over....

Jason... Take a close look at the underside of the board to see them. I haven't changed anything on it yet. In the days when I only had one DAC I was afraid I would have none if I messed with it. Next time it finds its way back to my desk I will bring it up to date and also give it a USB front-end

Hide this!Advertise here!