Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 27th November 2014, 08:42 PM   #2971
superhkm is offline superhkm  Norway
diyAudio Member

I would think you were right ( haven't had the timeformuch troubleshooting) , the noise is a lot like the one I have heard when the bitrate settings are wrong.

The thing is that I get the same noise from two sources. Both the Wimp player, on the pc, and the tvdecoder toslink output have the same problem.
Old 27th November 2014, 09:36 PM   #2972
superhkm is offline superhkm  Norway
diyAudio Member

Took another look just now. No matter the source, the noise starts as fast as I power up.
Increases with play, but is present also when not.

So no sources / signal - no noise.

Source plugged in and power on - noise.

Source playing - more noise.

I am tempted to desolder the 1543 chip and test another one. But it will be painful.
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:39 AM   #2973
kpsthakur is offline kpsthakur  India
diyAudio Member

Default first Gainclone build - Audiosector Clone board by TheSlowDiyer

Completed build for LM3875 based Gainclone ... using clone board by TheSlowDiyer which is based exactly on the Audiosector board, utilising class A power supply with 120,000uF capacitance with 2x22V 300VA toroid...sounds terrific for circuit this size...with the heatsink I use, it barely even gets worm (after 8hrs of nonstop head banging music - close to 34C in a closed enclosure....completely quiet...no hiss, no buzz, even if I place my ear on the drivers...sharing the build picture in next post...

There are a couple of issues though, I think I see folks asking in this forum, not sure if they are resolved...
1) a slight thump on powerup and powerdown...guess a cap on feedback circuit could help reduce if not eliminate.

2) DC offset.....on powerup, there is no surge, however the DC exists in the range of -0.045V on one channel and -0.057V on the other...this technically does not hamper the listening, "BUT", after powerdown this DC shoots up to ~ -7.5V and then reduces itself in about 5 mins... and there is an amazingly loud thump in Speakers after about 3 mins of powerdown...this is quite noticeable...makeshift arrangement...10uFcaps at the output before powerdown (I had them at hand), this is definitely not the solution....

Apart from this, the only difference I see between my existing Norge 2000 150+150W amp and Gainclone is a bit weak bass, but amazingly better Vocals...I would definitely like to listen to this Amp for sure
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:43 AM   #2974
kpsthakur is offline kpsthakur  India
diyAudio Member

Pics for the build..

IMG_0158.JPGIMG_0159.JPGIMG_0160.JPG

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassisHide this!Advertise here!