Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Daniel View Post
You can source it from Digi Key, part# A29694-ND
$5.28/pc

The wiring is as follows:
Quote:

Brown (Pin 1): +VDC
Black/White (Pin2 and 3): +-VAC tied together at ground.
Blue (Pin 4): -VDC
"

Great infos!
I was going nuts before just to find out how to make a PSU for the Gaincard, nobody could tell me how simple it can be done. Ridiculous!
Tthat's why I decided to make the Audioector Kit.
I'm happy it happened this way, because I was tempted to make this Kit and I suspect that I will prefer it against the Gaincard - may be they are just a litle bit different, I'll see it later. It will be nice to have both and to have the kit assembled by myself with such enthusiasm.

Thanks for the information and all this nice stuff that you still deliver, like the LM Kits and other items!
Old 24th August 2013, 05:45 PM   #2932
polaron is offline polaron  France
diyAudio Member

Default Photos of chip amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlowes View Post
AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

follow the link to the lightspeed thread, and also you can google and find kits by Uria.

My chip amp was built as a module that then went inside a larger chassis. I built it using large copper blocks and fairly solid enclosure. It was good, but suffered from being unable to easily disassemble to experiment and tinker. Even with this rigid construction dampened with wood I later found that more dampening was positive. Filling the entire thing with sand actually had a positive effect. Now I tend to build supplies with the caps anchored in silicon on wood to further that effect.
I have now moved to all tube, but that is a progression that took place over time. You will love the chip amp.
Please send us a photo of that amp!
I've nothing against tube amps, all different technologies make good amps.
I even like certain class D amps except for the fact that they lack of a "bit" of Charm... but this is not a subject for this discussion...
Old 24th August 2013, 05:55 PM   #2933
diyAudio Member

I found a way to install this kit that is "stupidly" simple (the kit too!), and it does not need damping. But I will have comments, (I hope), in a few weeks - I still have to make a special order for the transformers. ( I changed my mind). It will be ordered to a medical supplier, and will be in an resine bath, inside a beautiful grey case - see the photo

HERE.

They make it exactly with 22Volts secondaries.
65 euros with taxes each one, 300VA 'fcourse.

Last edited by polaron; 24th August 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 06:31 PM   #2934
diyAudio Member

Default Lightspeed attenuator for LM3875

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlowes View Post
AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

follow the link to the lightspeed thread, and also you can google and find kits by Uria.

My chip amp was built as a module that then went inside a larger chassis. I built it using large copper blocks and fairly solid enclosure. It was good, but suffered from being unable to easily disassemble to experiment and tinker. Even with this rigid construction dampened with wood I later found that more dampening was positive. Filling the entire thing with sand actually had a positive effect. Now I tend to build supplies with the caps anchored in silicon on wood to further that effect.
I have now moved to all tube, but that is a progression that took place over time. You will love the chip amp.
wlowes
I googled a litle and found the lightseed attenuator very interesting. I understood that the quality of contacts is even better than resistor traditional pots, specialy in time.
This device looks very nice :
HERE

Do you know about any kit with several inputs?
If I will built one, I'd like to do it with various inputs.
You made me think.

I'm living and learning !

Last edited by polaron; 24th August 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 07:33 PM   #2935
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Udailey was looking at multiple inputs using LED/LDRs as the selectors.
Drop him a PM to see what he has that may be of help to you.
He does matched sets of LED/LDRs for attenuation.
Old 25th August 2013, 12:40 AM   #2936
diyAudio Member

Default Connections between Gaincard and compatible PSU from Audiosector

Quote:
Unfortunately Black Gates are not produced any longer and remaining available caps are so expensive that it's hard to recommend them any longer. Just 4 x BG N 100/50 plus 2 x BG STD 1000/50 would cost you at least $350.

No resistors need to be changed, in my opinion those are still the best choices even when compared with nude Vishays or tantalums.

Yes, the PSU board would be compatible with Gaincard: Gaincard power connector...Please help!
I don't want to make any mistake.

Each psu module has 4 connections to the Gaincard (or amp), from left to right :

V- - (two "holes")
PG- - (two "holes")
PGplus - (two holes)
Vplus - (two holes)
8 connections total.

1 (brown) 2/3 (black and white), and 4 (blue) from Gaincard go where?
(For dual mono configuration)
Thank you
Old 1st September 2013, 04:51 PM   #2937
diyAudio Member

"This is how secondaries connect. For a given pair of wires (same secondary), it doesn't matter which wire connects to which pad, as long as the pads are marked the same (A1,A1 or A2, A2)" - (http://www.audiosector.com/nigc_kit-users_guide.pdf - page 25)

In the case of the Gaincard, black and white are negative and blue and brown have 20 volts. So I concluded that BL and W must go to A1, A1 and blue and brown to A2, A2.

Plese help me to be sure, thank you.
Old 1st September 2013, 09:21 PM   #2938
davym is offline davym  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi, I was going to buy an LM3875 kit from AudioSector but was put off when their site went down. Instead I bought an LM3886 kit from another supplier on this site. Anyway I'm not too impressed by the support I've had and since I am still interested in the LM3875 kit I was wondering how well AudioSector support their customers. Do they answer emails for instance?

Cheers

Davy
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:29 AM   #2939
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davym View Post
...I am still interested in the LM3875 kit I was wondering how well AudioSector support their customers. Do they answer emails for instance?

Cheers

Davy
Davy,
I have bought 2 kits from Peter. The premium chip amp and his USB DAC. He was really very helpful. His documentation on DIYAUDIO is very good. If you read through it, I doubt you'll need much help. It you don't put in the effort to learn, he'll likely get a bit brittle. So if you're willing to invest the time, you'll find him very supportive.
Old 2nd September 2013, 03:08 PM   #2940
davym is offline davym  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Sounds good, thanks! I would like to try his LM3875 kit, I have read up on them and I can run one from the same 22v transformer I got for the LM3886 kit, even use the same enclosure and all the same hardware.

All good!

Hide this!Advertise here!