AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 282 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 15th June 2011, 02:17 AM   #2811
diyAudio Member

Peter,

Could you please explain how test the DAC chip with oscilloscope and what values are for the normal chip. Can I test the chips directly onboard or have to desolder them? With or without power?

Thanks
HT
Old 15th June 2011, 09:40 PM   #2812
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Check the I2S lines (connections between CS8412 and TDA1543 chips), there should be square wave showing.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Last edited by Peter Daniel; 15th June 2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:54 AM   #2813
diyAudio Member

Default Finished LM3875 kit

Well recently finished Peter's LM3875 kit, burnt it in for quite a few hours and been seriously listening to it for the last few days - must say I am seriously impressed. I have never been an out and out hifi fanatic and never owned any really high end stuff but this little amp is giving me such listening pleasure. Its so silent, not a trace of hiss or hum, and there is so much new subtle detail and effortless performance being extracted from my fairly humble source (small NAD AV receiver system via), and it runs beautifully cool. Speakers are the tiny PMC DB1+S transmission line monitors. The PS uses Airlink 2x22v transformer (easily available here in UK) and is remote from amp. Using stock 1500uf on amp board, and 470uf Panas on rectifier board - no snubbers or zobells. Here are a few pictures of finished article.

interior.jpg
Interior shot

exterior.jpg
Exterior

exterior-2.jpg
Exterior with CD for size reference

Had a session at my son's place last night and using his Cambridge Audio CD player and Beresford DAC brought even more out. So the source is my weak link not the little amp. I wonder what this amp sounds like with really high end source, speakers and interconnects. Damn, got me thinking now! Also did a comparison with his monstrous XTZ Class AP-100 class A Power Amplifier and I felt the LM3875 amp was not shamed in any way.

So a big thank you to Peter for making this stuff available to us and for his inspiration and excellent support here. It's been an eye opener and I have a feeling I am now on the slippery slope to poverty.
Old 6th July 2011, 01:13 AM   #2814
diyAudio Member

Default Bent Audio Transformers

Hi Peter Thank you for shipping the 3875 amp kit.
I plan on building a dual mono version.

I have a spare Bent Audio / Slagel audio transformer that is simply collecting dust.
I would like to use it in the build out as my vol. control.

It has the remote and LED display.
The question is...
What do I need to do to be able to use it?

I currently use a couple of them with my 45 amps and Pass Lab amps... WONDERFUL

Thank you for building the kit etc.

Phil and Christine
Santa Fe, NM
Old 6th July 2011, 01:29 AM   #2815
diyAudio Member

You can use it exactly the same way as with other amps. Here how I use TVC in one of my amps: The most advanced GainClone amp yet
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th July 2011, 03:09 AM   #2816
diyAudio Member

Default Thank You for fast reply. !!!

I shall use John and Daves Transformer Vol control... Very happy... I think Dave would **** if he knew.

One more mind numbing question...
The Bybee guy makes a power supply filter? or some wild *** thing...
He says it will lower PS floor noise... Life without hash? Gee that sorta came out kinda wrong. Life with out AC crude. Crude not crud. Crude crud. Back to hash...
Looks like you put one on each rail.
They come in two flavors... 2 Amps and 15 amps...
I have NEVER used Any of his stuff BUT... maybe a chip amp could, just maybe benefit from such voodoo... Its like they both kind of look the same too. The Chip amp and the ByBee thingy.
Has anyone one ventured into that "can-o-worms"?

Phil Townsend
East of the Rio Grande
West of the Pecos
Santa Fe, NM

And will the all new Mark Audio AlPair 7
replace My Feastrex????
We shall see... we shall see.
Old 6th July 2011, 04:44 AM   #2817
diyAudio Member

Bybee Music Rails have been discussed here: Bybee Music Rails ®

I don't see a reason not to try them (although I didn't yet)
Old 7th July 2011, 03:53 PM   #2818
diyAudio Member

Default Caps

Black Gates are no longer made and basically unobtainium.
Has anyone used the Nichicon Muse Premium and the Nichicon ES Bi-Polar?
Parts Connextion says they got the ES Bi_Polars to replace the BG N's.... But this , to me, seems a stretch. Those little Red 1000 mike guys were the best of the best.

I have used the Panasonics etc but have never found a great replacement for the BG REDS.

Any Help???
Old 7th July 2011, 03:57 PM   #2819
BigE is offline BigE  Canada
diyAudio Member

I've used both in the Phono Section. They sound fine to me, but I've never heard the BG in these units. I'm not going to swap them out at any time.

Sorry not to be of more help.
Old 9th July 2011, 03:25 PM   #2820
diyAudio Member

Default Check I2S lines with scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Daniel View Post
Check the I2S lines (connections between CS8412 and TDA1543 chips), there should be square wave showing.
Hi Peter,

I've checked as you said. Got sin waves at gates 1,2, and 3 of TDA1543 when DAC is on and no digital in. But when digital was connected, I got flat signal.
I again checked output voltages at indicated positions. All values are very close to the values you have suggested in the DAC's diagram.

That is not normal, right?
What would be happening in the DAC?

Thanks,
HT

Last edited by deepblue2010; 9th July 2011 at 03:30 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!