AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 28 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 30th June 2005, 12:06 PM   #271
lohk is offline lohk  Europe
diyAudio Member

Peter,

how much do you charge for the new LM4780 boards? I would like to make a six channel amp with three single boards for my new "surround studio".

Klaus
Old 30th June 2005, 01:49 PM   #272
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
LM4780 boards are $25/pc.

They are described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...556#post636556

and allow option of using one half (of the board) in a stereo mode, so for 6 channels you may only end up with 1 and 1/2 board requirement.

I'm selling 1/2 of the board at 1/2 price ($12.50) which is currently the best deal on a stereo GC board.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd July 2005, 03:37 AM   #273
diyAudio Member

I got nicely surprised tonight when I found out about this article: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...tor/patek.html
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd July 2005, 05:15 AM   #274
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

heh took you long enuff nice
Old 3rd July 2005, 07:19 AM   #275
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
I got nicely surprised tonight when I found out about this article: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...tor/patek.html
Coolness!

Thanks for the notice. I was just over there a few hours ago and it wasn't up yet.

se
Old 3rd July 2005, 08:57 AM   #276
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

That's a nice article Peter. The Patek really is a work of art. And so is the similarly styled DAC, which I only just got round to auditioning properly yesterday BTW.

It took me a while to source a digital cable. I ordered a Supra Trico and after three weeks of it not arriving I had it canceled and had a custom cable made using Belden 1695a terminated with crimped Canare 75 Ohm RCA/BNC. Sat down for about 5 hours yesterday mesmerised by the sound being produced in my living room.

The source was a cheap DVD player with digital out (I will try with the Shangling soon) into the DAC -> LM3875 premium kit -> newly finished W3-871S monitors. I haven't applied the notch yet so it was a little forward sounding in the mid highs but it didn't stop me listening, mouth-open, for several hours.

If I thought the LM3875 kit took my system up a rather large notch, then the DAC has just taken it up another. I may have to build some more now to slot in before each chip amp I've made.
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)
Old 5th August 2005, 04:45 PM   #277
diyAudio Member

How are you all doing?

This afternoon I thought about watching some DVDs so connected the DAC to the DVD player and it remained silent. I quickly found out that the stupid voltage that is on the shielding of the cable TV destroyed the input of the DAC. As can bee seen below. I bypassed the burned part but still the output of the receiverbuffer is dead.
My local supplier does not carry the SN71579. Could you please send me one (or two?). Of course I will transfer the costs to you through paypal.

regards, Hans-Willem
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 5th August 2005, 04:58 PM   #278
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanzwillem
Could you please send me one (or two?). Of course I will transfer the costs to you through paypal.
No problem, I will send it today. It will be $5 for two pcs, shipping included. Paypal to my e-mail adress which you can find in Contact section here: http://www.audiosector.com/

BTW, more info about the new Patek amp has been posted here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...r/patek_2.html
Old 11th August 2005, 12:06 PM   #279
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
[B]

No problem, I will send it today.

I received them today! Swapped one and it works like a charm.

Cheers Peter! People like you make this a better place!
Old 17th August 2005, 04:47 PM   #280
diyAudio Member

Please educate me on something:

How does this "snubberrized" rectifier approach translate into a better power supply?

True, convectional silicon rectifiers, have some switching delays that may be addressed by the "MUR" part types, but these times are measured in nanoseconds! And this is 60Hz!

And conduction losses between a .6V drop and a .3V drop are not relevant in a highly filtered, unregulated PS like this one.

And "snubber" really deals with providing a conduction path for backEMF or energy stored in an inductor, neither of which are present here (I've checked this with an oscilloscope).

Although it's easy to demonstrate that bridge rectifier switching sends sufficient current harmonics back into the power line to pollute the mains, this is not an issue with North American compliance, as it it with CE (a bridge rectifier won't pass CE without some form of power factor correction).

All in all, I have not been able to find any difference in sound quality measured at the Amplifier output with a "snubberized" Power Supply, versus a plain vanilla bridge.

If you have found different, what test setup did you use?

Hide this!Advertise here!