AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 166 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 4th April 2007, 03:03 AM   #1651
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Peter,

Your response did not answer my question on any tweaking(s) required, eg power supply, etc...

Does that mean I don't need to with Gainclone?

Every system is different, some tweaking is necessary in variety parts of the equipment maybe it be CD player, DAC or speakers and also applicable to amplifier.

If you don't believe tweaking so then we may have agree to disagree.
Old 4th April 2007, 03:18 AM   #1652
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by ttan98
Your response did not answer my question on any tweaking(s) required, eg power supply, etc...

Does that mean I don't need to with Gainclone?

Every system is different, some tweaking is necessary in variety parts of the equipment maybe it be CD player, DAC or speakers and also applicable to amplifier.
You need to provide more information about your system, your amp and what you are expecting to accomplish. Otherwise how can I recommend anything?

I do believe in tweaking, but only in order to achieve certain goal.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 4th April 2007, 03:34 AM   #1653
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

Are those USB boards for the All-In-One DAC ready yet? Are you going to supply any extra parts as a kit?

Robert
Old 4th April 2007, 03:38 AM   #1654
diyAudio Member

The layout is completed but the boards are not fabricated yet. I will be supplying all the parts as well.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 4th April 2007, 03:46 AM   #1655
diyAudio Member

Thanks Peter,
Please let us know as soon as they are ready.....I would like to get three sets.
Robert
Old 4th April 2007, 08:52 AM   #1656
rabbitz is offline rabbitz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ttan98

If you don't believe tweaking so then we may have agree to disagree.
I think Peter is the king of tweakers, otherwise he would not have the sonics he's achieved. I have not been disapointed with any of his offerings be it GC or DAC.

The only tweaking I've done on ChipAmps is to try different resistor types (carbon vs metal), rail voltages, cap types and values, location of these caps (PS or next to the chip), transformer VA, PCB layout and snubbered supplys. The differences are only small but can be very beneficial to the final sonics which is a personal thing.

I've found it more important to get the partnering equipment right and getting the right combination, system matching, is hard. One system can sound quite ordinary but add a pre or change a speaker can yield brilliant results. So you are 100% right on tweaking the system as a whole as they do work as one.

I might be wrong, but I feel the looseness (not the best word but is all I can think of) of the sound from the GC is what makes it more musical than a lot of amps that are really tight.
Old 4th April 2007, 04:57 PM   #1657
diyAudio Member

Default attenuator

Peter, do you have relay attenuator boards or kits available?
Old 4th April 2007, 05:30 PM   #1658
diyAudio Member

Yes, all the boards are avaialble, however I have problem with sourcing suitable display units.
Old 4th April 2007, 06:18 PM   #1659
diyAudio Member

Default relay attenuators

how much for each board?
Old 4th April 2007, 06:31 PM   #1660
diyAudio Member

$40/set (2 relay boards + display board)

Hide this!Advertise here!