AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 164 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 28th March 2007, 07:05 PM   #1631
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
The new LM4780 board is exactly the same as the Premium version that was described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...565#post636565

Premium boards (clear mask, gold plating) are available as well and no discounts are available.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 28th March 2007, 08:54 PM   #1632
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Audiosector NOS dac completed!

Quote:
Originally posted by nycavsr2000
Finished the dac . Currently breaking in. I added a HagUSB board as well (modified with Lundahl pulse transformer, BG caps, Caddock resistors).

Enclosure is Michael Woods' 0908 enclosure from DIY enclosures

Check it out. Thanks for all your help

Comments, questions, advice...welcome! Other pics here on audiocircle:

Poseidons Voice NOS USB dac
This is an incredibly well made piece of equipment, with a lot of attention to detail. If I can suggest anything, you may bapass the input coupling caps if your source or HagUSB board allows it.

Also, what is your primary source? If it's CD player, you may still simplify the way the inputs are wired.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 28th March 2007, 09:21 PM   #1633
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This is an incredibly well made piece of equipment, with a lot of attention to detail. If I can suggest anything, you may bapass the input coupling caps if your source or HagUSB board allows it.
Peter,

Thanks, that's a great compliment coming from you as your enclosures are really, really cool.

I was thinking about removing the polystyrene caps like you recommend. And I was also thinking about using some VH Audio or Mundorf Silver in Oil caps on the output but the unit sounds so good already...My source currently is a modified Philips 963SA as a transport. I'm moving up to a Squeezebox/Computer USB territory in the near future.

I'm sure your NOS design will complement it quite well.

Thanks for the design,

Anand.
Old 29th March 2007, 12:10 AM   #1634
diyAudio Member

Peter,

Is your DAC kit available yet. If so how do I get one or Two ??
Old 29th March 2007, 02:40 PM   #1635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richyrich212t
Peter,

Is your DAC kit available yet. If so how do I get one or Two ??
The DAC has been available for the last two years. The thing is, I don't really advertise it much and all sales have been generated by a small info entry in May18th Latest News on my site: http://www.audiosector.com/ and couple reviews from 6moons with the latest one posted here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...e5/system.html

Few months back, I redesigned the original board, since DIP version of CS8412 receiver is not available any longer in large quantities. The board now accepts only SMD receiver version, and the layout has been slightly improved. The current price is $230 for Premium kit. Hammond transformer is additional $30 (including PCB mount fuse and power entry module), Cardas dual RCA adds another $20. International shipping is $25 (with transformer), $12 without.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d1.jpg (93.5 KB, 9063 views)
Old 29th March 2007, 02:41 PM   #1636
diyAudio Member

The PCB alone is $35.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d2.jpg (98.4 KB, 5947 views)
Old 30th March 2007, 02:08 PM   #1637
moe29 is offline moe29  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to moe29 Send a message via Yahoo to moe29
Deal of the century!

(i haven't turned mine off in 2 years)
Old 31st March 2007, 05:35 AM   #1638
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

my dac still works great, im sure its burned in by now
Old 31st March 2007, 05:54 AM   #1639
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel

The DAC has been available for the last two years. The thing is, I don't really advertise it much and all sales have been generated by a small info entry in May18th Latest News on my site: http://www.audiosector.com/ and couple reviews from 6moons with the latest one posted here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...e5/system.html

Few months back, I redesigned the original board, since DIP version of CS8412 receiver is not available any longer in large quantities. The board now accepts only SMD receiver version, and the layout has been slightly improved. The current price is $230 for Premium kit. Hammond transformer is additional $30 (including PCB mount fuse and power entry module), Cardas dual RCA adds another $20. International shipping is $25 (with transformer), $12 without.

I think this page needs some updating. Or at least some new information about the kits and other products.

J'
Old 31st March 2007, 07:50 PM   #1640
diyAudio Member

I had 2 questions about the LM4780. If i just run it in stereo mode with 8ohm what transformer should i get? I was thinking a 32 vct. Also, how should i implement volume control?

Hide this!Advertise here!