AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 156 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 2nd February 2007, 04:00 PM   #1551
diyAudio Member

Looking very good

And some sort of Phonocube (Phonoclone)?
Old 2nd February 2007, 04:04 PM   #1552
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by paulomartires
And some sort of Phonocube (Phonoclone)?
RJM offers such thing, so I will not pursue that avenue.
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:14 PM   #1553
diyAudio Member

Here is the schematic of VSPS based phono stage using Allen Wright's modified curve, with the additional zero at 3.2 S.

The component types are probably critical and are based on my previous experiments with DAC and buffer. Good thing was that most of the parts came from my other projects as well. All resistors are Caddock MK132, RIAA caps are 10n ERO 1830 and 3n3 Wima FKP2. I use separate transformer per channel: Hammond 229D24. The only bypasses after regulators are BG N 4.7/50. If you select OPA627 for low offset you may not need output coupling cap (offset less than 2mV).

This is actualy a very good sounding circuit. It is also simple enough to be built on a proto board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phono.jpg (50.2 KB, 4155 views)
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 3rd February 2007, 05:41 AM   #1554
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Ray Simmons.
Old 5th February 2007, 04:34 PM   #1555
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi there Peter!

I'm just about to add a much-needed heatsink to my Audiosector Gainclone. I'm using a piece of quarter inch thick copper plate, and the size is approx. 4" x 3.5".

Having never attempted to drill holes in copper plate before, is this do-able just using a standard electric drill with perhaps a bit of oil or methalated spirit to aid the cutting action of the drill bit?

Lastly, once done and I've polished the copper up, is it just a case of lightly sealing it with some spray metal lacquer or is this not necessary? Does the lacquer inhibit the heat-absorbing qualities of the copper at all?

Cheers,

- John
Old 5th February 2007, 04:52 PM   #1556
diyAudio Member

Drilling in copper is about the same as drilling aluminum, just slightly harder, so your regular tools shoul dbe fine.

Sealing with laquer is a good idea, one product is specifically suitable for that purpose: http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details

I also used Danish Oil for protecting copper and it worked well. Those finishes should not affect thermal dissippation as long as the areas where chip installs and copper connects with the rest of the chassis are not covered.
Old 5th February 2007, 04:56 PM   #1557
diyAudio Member

You can cover the chip with masking tape and wrap the board to protect it before spraying.
Old 5th February 2007, 04:56 PM   #1558
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the super-speedy reply Peter Thanks also for the masking tape tip Brian.

I'll get drilling and polishing then!

Thanks a mil!

- John
Old 19th February 2007, 04:23 PM   #1559
diyAudio Member

Default Pass Ono boards and power supply

Peter Daniel:

I was wondering if you sell PCBs for either the Pass Ono or the associated power supply. Someone referred me to you and figured this was the proper place to ask

Thanks!
Old 19th February 2007, 07:00 PM   #1560
diyAudio Member

I don't sell them, but recently ordered 2 sets, so one may be available. But not earlier than a month or so.

Hide this!Advertise here!