AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 153 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 15th January 2007, 02:44 PM   #1521
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Guess my next step is to replace the 100uF Elna Silmics and go for the Black Gate N's, then look into getting a dedicated chassis made. Currently my Audiosector kit is just in a Hammond Chassis from Maplins. Very small and no heatsink (using the chassis for that!).

Cheers,

- John
Old 29th January 2007, 02:20 PM   #1522
flraer is offline flraer  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I just have one simple question about the Lm4780 kit.

I want each Lm4780 to amplifie one channel. So, should I build the parallel config or the stereo/bridged?

I hope you understand my english.

/Fredrik
Old 29th January 2007, 02:43 PM   #1523
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
If you want to use each LM4780 chip to amplify one channel you have a choice of either parallel or bridged configurations.

The parallel is easier to implement, as it runs from single ended source and basically there are no limits as to the speaker impedances.

The bridged configuration will sound better, but you need to supply balanced signal to the amp (as amp itself does not do conversion) and the speakers shouldn't go below 6 ohm.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th January 2007, 02:45 PM   #1524
diyAudio Member

BTW, the attenuator project is completed and you can read more about it here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...99#post1118699

Click the image to open in full size.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 30th January 2007, 04:27 AM   #1525
diyAudio Member

Black Gate Capacitors on a 3875, plastic on or off?
Old 30th January 2007, 06:05 AM   #1526
diyAudio Member

In the commercial amps I leave the plastic on, if I build for my own use, I remove it.
Old 1st February 2007, 01:00 AM   #1527
veg1515 is offline veg1515  United States
diyAudio Member

How much is the full case for the dac? Is there anyway to have the plug on the back ? Not sure if it will fit in my cabinet with wires sticking out of both sides. I am replacing a dac that decides every now and again that I like distorted music(Audio Alchemy) so my wires are just the right length.
Thanks
Old 1st February 2007, 02:35 AM   #1528
diyAudio Member

If you need everything in a back, I would suggest using green board and standard case of suitable size.

Below is a nice example how it can be implemented:

If you want to go with Premium DAC board and one of my custom DAC chassis, I'm afraid it's not possible, as you would need to run sensitive signal cables right beside transformer; there's also not enough space on a single pannel for signal and power connectors:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

unless you would do it like this (with permanent power cord):

Old 1st February 2007, 04:39 AM   #1529
veg1515 is offline veg1515  United States
diyAudio Member

I really like the way the case looks with the wooden sides. Does the price depend on what wood option i go with ? I might position it sideways just so I can have the nicer case ,I think that would work. so what would a premium kit with a case cost?
Thanks
Old 1st February 2007, 05:04 AM   #1530
diyAudio Member

The Premium kit is $230, Hammond transformer adds another $30 and Cardas dual RCA $20. Each chassis is build to custom order, so e-mail me with regards to prices and options.

Hide this!Advertise here!