Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 15th December 2006, 11:15 PM   #1501
diyAudio Member

Hi, I have a question about using a center-tapped trafo with the lm3875 kit, as none of my local suppliers has anything with dual secondaries. I'm wondering which method is correct, as posted here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...382#post548382. I'd prefer to use Sherman's method, as I really have no use for 12 extra diodes

Thanks
Old 20th December 2006, 10:22 PM   #1502
diyAudio Member

I need to ask once more, will the 24v x 2 400VA (BG caps recommended in use) have any problems with impedence of a Squeeze Box?
Old 20th December 2006, 11:09 PM   #1503
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by alienman
Hi, I have a question about using a center-tapped trafo with the lm3875 kit, as none of my local suppliers has anything with dual secondaries. I'm wondering which method is correct, as posted here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...382#post548382. I'd prefer to use Sherman's method, as I really have no use for 12 extra diodes
Sherman' method will work fine, although it's not exactly the same as dual secondaries.

Quote:
Originally posted by Destroyer OS.
I need to ask once more, will the 24v x 2 400VA (BG caps recommended in use) have any problems with impedence of a Squeeze Box?
I don't see a connection between impedance of a squeezbox and voltage supply of the amp? 2 x 24V is a good choice for the supply and should work well with most speakers.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st December 2006, 01:09 AM   #1504
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I guess the discussion on it had something to do with another type of Chipamp or something.
Old 5th January 2007, 08:33 AM   #1505
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter!

I built your LM3875 some time ago and it still gives me a great deal of listening pleasure a year down the line. I'm using 2 x 1000uF Black Gate standards at the bridge (PSU unit is in a seperate box), and 2 x 100uF Elna Silmics on each amp board (I will upgrade to Black Gate Ns at some point)... in other words it's a cut price Patek

Just wondering what your current reference is at present? Is it still 1000uF at bridge and 100uF on amp boards?

Many thanks.

- John
Old 5th January 2007, 06:15 PM   #1506
diyAudio Member

Let me just jump in here and reiterate how great MY premium Audiosector LM3875 amp(s) sound as well.

I've lived with this thing for some time now, and swap it in and out against very good 2A3, EL34, Class D and conventional amps and am always stunned at the quality of the little amp that could when I plug it back in.

Masterful.

-Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axon arrays.jpg (96.9 KB, 1086 views)
Old 5th January 2007, 06:41 PM   #1507
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by johnm
Just wondering what your current reference is at present? Is it still 1000uF at bridge and 100uF on amp boards?
Yes indeed, it is still my reference; the circuit is hard to improve upon. The actual amp I'm using presently was described here: The most advanced GainClone amp yet

And I'm slowly getting myself into vinyl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tt.jpg (97.6 KB, 1089 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 5th January 2007, 06:51 PM   #1508
diyAudio Member

Is that a Shelter 901 or 501 I see?

I use the 901.

-Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vibraplane_kuzma.jpg (41.7 KB, 963 views)
Old 5th January 2007, 06:57 PM   #1509
diyAudio Member

Rob,
by the way...where did you get the lamp you're using above your table?
Byron

and peter - "Slowly" getting into vinyl and you're already using an SME V on an Oracle delphi...man, i wish i was that slow
Old 5th January 2007, 07:06 PM   #1510
diyAudio Member

The Littlite gooseneck lamp was from http://www.Markertek.com

You can find them at MusiciansFriend.com and eBay as well. Get the brighter, halogen version.

http://www.littlite.com/main.php

-Rob

Hide this!Advertise here!