AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 148 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 18th November 2006, 12:20 PM   #1471
lohk is offline lohk  Europe
diyAudio Member

I listen to the premium amp almost every day - at the moment with a pair of Cyburg's Needles (and the NOS-DAC...). Within boundaries of medium loudness it sounds delicate and easy, with a lot of musical flow. Strangely there seems to be much effort (and cost) needed to better that amp significantly. I also have several different very good sounding amps using LM3875 chips now, but this is the best one.

Klaus / still amazed

ps: One should always mention that this amp - for whatever reason - need a certain time "to burn in" - maybe like any other good amp - to sound at its best.
Old 18th November 2006, 06:26 PM   #1472
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Re: ETA: New Products

Quote:
Originally posted by BWentler
I have been waiting for news on the availability of the following new products:

USB-DAC
Pre-Amp
Phono Pre-Amp

I have been saving $$$ for a complete AudioSector stereo system and I'm getting excited about building it...

Bruce
my audiosector system i have still sound as good as the day i got it.

im looking forward to adding the attenuator kit.
Old 3rd December 2006, 07:23 PM   #1473
Hara is offline Hara  United States
diyAudio Member

Default LM4780 Kit

Sorry if this has already been answered but when I searched I did not find a straight answer. I also don't want a smoking amp/speaker.

I am assembling an dual LM4780 amplifier to be switchable between a 4 channel and dual bridged mono. These amps will simply be power amps with no attenuator, preamp, or

On Nuuk's gainclone FAQ he mentions that a 56k Resistor is needed if you are not using an attenuator to prevent the o/p (don't know what that means) from floating up to a high voltage. The way I will use the amp, it will sometimes be disconnected to a source/pre-amp.

Also should I expect some DC offset? How will bridging effect the offset?
Old 3rd December 2006, 07:53 PM   #1474
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
You have there 22k input to ground resistor that prevents "floating the o/p up to a high voltage". If the amp to be disconnected form a source/preamp, it's best to connect the input to the ground.

You should have less DC offset with bridged configuration as the connection to speakers is taken from both active outputs and offset should be effectively cancelled.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd December 2006, 08:07 PM   #1475
Hara is offline Hara  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks,

When I mean the amp will be disconnected, I mean it as it could easily accidently get disconnected due to someone one tripping on a cord or so. I was just thinking of murphy's law.

I'm pretty exited now, all I need is the transformers and case/parts. Time to make new friends at the machine shop at my school.
Old 3rd December 2006, 08:41 PM   #1476
diyAudio Member

Disconnecting the input from the amp shouldn't cause any major problems, you may get some noticable noise, but that's about all.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th December 2006, 01:40 AM   #1477
diyAudio Member

Can you use one of your amplifiers with headphones?
Old 6th December 2006, 01:43 AM   #1478
diyAudio Member

You sure can: LM3875 as a headphone amp (another try)
Old 9th December 2006, 02:58 PM   #1479
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
Default audio Sector nos DAC transofrmer

Hi Peter,

In your pics of the DAC your using a Hammond 48va 16v transformer. Would a 15v be ok since the board takes 5v regulators. I'm asking because you seem to be specific on you parts choices.

Thanks,

Vince
Old 9th December 2006, 06:00 PM   #1480
diyAudio Member

The transformer I'm using is 2 x 8V AC, which gives approx 12V after rectification, and then there is another 1V drop on passive filtering. As long as you get 10V before 8V regulator from your transformer, you should be OK.

Hide this!Advertise here!