• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just thought you would like to see my recent implementation of this amp.

Front and back panels are from Hifi2000, machined in the case of the back panel to allow connectors mounting.

Inside there is a big copper block that serves as heat sinking for the IC's, whish is then connected to the front panel via heat compound.

Connecting the front and back, 4 machined aluminum pillars. Laterals are 15mm polished 15mm acrylic boards.

Top and bottom are produced by Front Panel Design in Germany.

Separate power supply, using separate 225VA toroidal transformers and 2 rectifier boards. Caps under the boards are 15.000uF Gold Tune Chemicon's.

Cheers,

Nice.

I decided to snag a LM3875 Classic kit, just ordered it.

I was going to order the parts for some free chipamp.com beta boards I have but figured it would be easier just to get a kit from you.

I feel a little guilty not buying from chipamp.com but frankly their website always seems to be messed up. They should update it!

It also seemed easier then ordering from eBay as I am confident your chips are real. It looks more economical too as the parts total adds up quick when buying small quantities from different places around the world.

Anyhow the main parts I was trying out for them was an Alps volume board and a selector switch which I might use with your boards.

Best part is I live just up the highway from you so hopefully it will get here quick!

Hello

i have a peter daniel NOS dac (SPDIF version )

i have built a cab for myslef

i require the specifications( i.e thread size ) for the lock nut to lock the SPDIF IN terminal to the rear chasis plate ( i have an RCA not BNC but i believe the threads are the same)

As far as i know peter didnt include this in the kit

can someone help me out ?
heres a pic illustrating
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1419/76817183.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
^^^
nope that doesnt help

the analogue out rcas can be found on the cardas website
however the terminal peter uses for SPDIF in is different
the threads are not metal and are larger in size
seems like 1/2 inch - but 1/2 inch doesnt go -

i see cardus uses 1/2-32
will give that a try

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Peter,
Quite some time ago, in one of your treads, you recommended a gold plated copper hook up wire (I think it was from wire.co.uk). But I cannot find the post were you did this. And I have searched a lot... ;-)

Could you please tell me which post it was?

Best wishes from Norway
Jan Ove Tangen (a very satisfied customer)

hey peter,
im looking to build a 2 channel setup, but wondering if you know of anyone who has done it with a headphone amp built in also. Possibly using a DAC and building that into the set as well.

I was thinking a powersupply in a seperate box with 2 transformers (1 per channel). Then both amp channels and a headphone amp in the other box with a switch which will switch both the input signal and power to the headphone amp. input signal given by the DAC.

Maybe im getting a head of myself here lol. seperating it all may be better.

Is this the right cap? (Input coupling for LM3875)

The coupling caps at amp's input: 2.2-4.7uF

Hi all,

I am searching for the right part, for input coupling cap. I have found what was a favorite of Peters at one time: "and my two favourites for coupling are 4.7u BG N or 100/25 Rubycon ZL" on an old thread in here.

Far as I can tell, we can't get the Black Gate anymore. A few have some left over, but I can't find that 4.7uF value cap.

In looking for an altranate, what voltage should be used?

I found an Elna 4.7uF 50V, ROA Series.
Also a Rubycon ZA 4.7uf 35volts.

Would either of those work?

Thanks,

AlexQS

Hi all,

I am searching for the right part, for input coupling cap. I have found what was a favorite of Peters at one time: "and my two favourites for coupling are 4.7u BG N or 100/25 Rubycon ZL" on an old thread in here.

Far as I can tell, we can't get the Black Gate anymore. A few have some left over, but I can't find that 4.7uF value cap.

In looking for an altranate, what voltage should be used?

I found an Elna 4.7uF 50V, ROA Series.
Also a Rubycon ZA 4.7uf 35volts.

Would either of those work?

Thanks,

AlexQS

Hi,

Peter in past suggested me to use Rubycon ZA 4.7microF and I bought them online at referenceaudiomods

Renato

Thanks for those links, i had a good read. So from what i understand, you just changed the resistors for gain to almost double and thats all? So what about using a pot for on the fly gain adjustment? Not as nice if u use a pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.