AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 142 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 24th August 2006, 05:59 AM   #1411
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
The voltages in data sheet are always after rectification.

To convert DC to AC on secondaries, devide it by 1.4
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th August 2006, 01:56 AM   #1412
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot for the info, it really helps a ton!
Old 31st August 2006, 11:45 AM   #1413
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

I'm still getting some problems with my LM3875 premium kit . I'm using 2 toroids (300VA, 2x22v) and 2 rectifiers and the sound is way to low. Mesuring between V+ and PG+ and V- and PG- I get 30v. I've checked every wire, every solder joint and I can't figure out what's happening . My speakers are 90dB and I used to have a Sonic Impact T-amp and it drove them very well.
Can you post some pics or more info for newbies like me to check and see how you do it?

Thanks.

PS. the sound is quite good, warm and detailed, but very low. I'm using it in power configuration connected to a Ibook and a Marantz A/V reciever.
Old 2nd September 2006, 06:56 PM   #1414
diyAudio Member

Hi again,

Still with the same problem . I've introduced a 50k pot in the game and I have to turn it to maximum to get sound at a reasonable volume, but then I can hear some very audible interference on the speakers. The output offset is around 25mv with source connected. I need some help please .

Paulo
Old 2nd September 2006, 08:19 PM   #1415
diyAudio Member

Paulo, can you measure the resistor values and post what is in each position on the pcb? It could be that the gain is too low. I doubt that you switched the 22k and 220R caddocks, because then things would really be messed up, but maybe the 22k caddocks or 680R rikens are the incorrect values.
EDIT: you could also look at the caddocks, the resistance is printed on the package, and look at the rikens for the band pattern, this website will show you how to read it to get the resistance:
http://www.reprise.com/host/circuits...colorcodes.asp
Old 2nd September 2006, 08:31 PM   #1416
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
The pictures of assembled boards can be found here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...425#post584425 I was using different caps than supplied in a kit though.

The amp has quite a high gain, so you shouldn't have problems with volume. What source are you using?
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 2nd September 2006, 09:14 PM   #1417
diyAudio Member

Default pardon me

It could be a grounds issue. try connecting rca out to pot ground and rca ground to boards signal ground. Worked for me because wiring the gainclone the same way as the SI threads suggested induced some the issues you stated.

Chuck
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:41 AM   #1418
diyAudio Member

OK,

I did a mistake with the Caddocks . I'm such a newbie!!!
Peter, can you send me new Caddocks ( I broke one of the 22k ), 2 of each, and payment details?

Paulo
Old 4th September 2006, 01:05 PM   #1419
diyAudio Member

Peter,

Thought I'd share a pic of my non-typical use of your rectifier boards. Now you can say you do tube amp boards.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 9th September 2006, 08:35 PM   #1420
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Peter Any idea when the remote volume pot will be ready ? I would really like to buy one. Just a simple volume up down and mute.

Hide this!Advertise here!