AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 9th March 2005, 08:56 PM   #111
diyAudio Moderator

Peter, if you get a chance, have a play with the AD811 as an output. It's a really good line driver, can drive difficult loads, and sounds really nice.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 9th March 2005, 09:45 PM   #112
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Peter, that layout looks great. One thing though Please consider placing an extra pad on the resistor footprints to allow proper mounting of standard resistors with 300 mil lead spacing. That way it will be possible to build both a high-grade version with caddocks/vishays or a more standard version with standard metal film resistors. Shouldn't be much of a problem and it makes the board a lot more versatile IMHO

/U.
Old 10th March 2005, 01:33 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Actually that board was never really designed with Caddocks or Vishays in mind (although they fit there perfectly). With the kits Brian and me are selling, we are using those 0.5W resistors from Phoenix. They have 0.134" length and fit well in 200mil footprint: http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T051/1011.pdf

If there is more interest in 300mil footprints, I might try to implement it, but this will somewhat affect the planes, which are already looking like Swiss cheese
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 10th March 2005, 02:18 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

I received my PD SE boards today.. They are byooo-teee-full. I'll wire them up when I have some time -- I have about 20 other DIY projects I have to finish first I'll probably have to save some of my pure-silver wire to go with my gold plated boards.

Dang. Some of my DIY stuff is starting to look like it belongs around a Rappers neck!
Old 10th March 2005, 03:10 AM   #115
KT is offline KT  United States
diyAudio Member

Peter,

I would be interested in either a DAC kit with the board and critical parts or a full premium kit, depending on my finances.

Would the power and input transformers come with the partial kit? Sometimes it's hard to find parts like this that fit exactly in the circuit board's holes. Then you have to buy and pay extra to ship the same parts anyway.

Thanks,
KT
Old 10th March 2005, 04:47 AM   #116
diyAudio Member

KT,

I should be able to deliver any parts needed for the DAC. It does not feature input transformer though, I prefered the sound with an active driver.

Mike,

I only had two sockets available at a time. Whenever I'll get to Sayal I'll get more and send them later.

I will have the DAC boards tomorrow. They are made the same way as LM3875 SE ones
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 10th March 2005, 05:55 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Thanks Peter. I may have to pick up a DAC kit as well. I'll have to see if my Superdac 2496 is revivable or not But I may pick up some of the basic parts anyhow -- I've always wanted to make my own DAC.

Thanks again for the great service and sweet lookin' boards.

Mike
Old 10th March 2005, 08:53 PM   #118
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Hey Peter any pictures of the new boards of the Dac ?
Old 10th March 2005, 11:25 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (75.7 KB, 4996 views)
Old 10th March 2005, 11:31 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

And here's the bottom side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b3.jpg (78.9 KB, 4675 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!