AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 114 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 20th April 2006, 11:11 PM   #1131
diyAudio Member

DAC sounds great Peter. Now I need to build one with the premium parts kit.
Old 21st April 2006, 03:03 AM   #1132
diyAudio Member

Hey Peter what chip does your DAC use? (I would search but you got over a hundred pages, and you already know)

Does your premium DAC kit include every thing you would use?
Old 21st April 2006, 03:06 AM   #1133
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
It uses CS8412 and TDA1543. It includes everything I would use, unless I would tend to spend crazy money for few upgrades (like $200 coupling caps and $70/pc electrolytics). Even then, when I sometimes listen to Premium kit, switching from my personal DAC, I'm not quite sure which one sounds better
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th April 2006, 04:15 AM   #1134
diyAudio Member

Default DAC

Hi Peter,

I was wondering if there are any component value adjustments that could be made in your DAC circuit to brighten the high end a little bit without increasing high freq. distortion. I'm over 60 now and have a slight fall off in high freq. hearing in one ear.

Also, do you have any updates on availability for the output buffer, the attenuator, and the amp case?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 25th April 2006, 04:22 AM   #1135
diyAudio Member

The high frequency extention can be manipulated by the choice of I/V resistors and coupling caps. Using Caddocks TF020 will brighten up the highs and I've heard about people using Mundorf caps with good results (Auricaps could be another alternative).

The chassis is actually fabricated, I just need to pick it up from the manufacturing house.

The buffer is available as well and it is $140 for a two channel set.

The attenuator is yet to be finalized, the programming is not up to me and that's why the delay.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th April 2006, 04:48 AM   #1136
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
The high frequency extention can be manipulated by the choice of I/V resistors and coupling caps. Using Caddocks TF020 will brighten up the highs and I've heard about people using Mundorf caps with good results (Auricaps could be another alternative).

The buffer is available as well and it is $140 for a two channel set.
Thanks Peter,

Do you have any of the Caddocks, Mundorfs or Auricaps in the appropriate values available?

Should I send a private email to order a buffer set?

Robert
Old 25th April 2006, 04:51 AM   #1137
diyAudio Member

I have Caddocks, but no Mundorf or Auricaps.

Yes, to get the buffer, send me an e-mail.
Old 25th April 2006, 01:03 PM   #1138
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

im sending a money order this friday when i get paid.

thanks peter
Old 28th April 2006, 01:37 AM   #1139
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

I've been reading wonderful reviews of your Patek and started thinking of building one of your LM3875 premium kits with the upgrade BG caps. The only question is that I've never listened to a gainclone, but have listened to a Shigaraki amp. Is the sound comparable, equal, has nothing to do?

And, btw, how much will cost a kit with the same components you use in your Patek?

Best regards,

Paulo
Old 28th April 2006, 02:30 AM   #1140
diyAudio Member

The comparison of 47 Labs Gaincard and Patek was presented here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/4...aincard_3.html

The Premium kit (dual mono) with Black Gate upgrade is $200 ($170 for stereo version).

I also keep a bigger stock of Plitron 300VA transformers now, and they are available for immediate shipping.

Hide this!Advertise here!