Questions for a Bridged LM4780 build. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 14th May 2016, 02:41 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Questions for a Bridged LM4780 build.

I have been interested in building a LM4780 stereo amp for quite some time now. I am looking to get over 100watts into 8 ohms.

I would like to use 2 of the audiosector boards, each in bridged configuration. I will be completing the build using 2 300VA 22v transformers along with 2 of the power supply boards.

I think I read somewhere that I would need to use these transformers for bridged mode to go from unbalanced to balanced since I don't have a source with balanced output.

EDCOR - WSM Series

but with this i do not know how to make the connections to the amplifier board with the 3 conductors of the balanced connector.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 14th May 2016, 08:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Output from pre amp goes between pins 1 and 4, it doesn't matter which way around. Input ground for both amplifiers on pin 6. Pin 5 to one amp input and pin 8 to the other. Or you could use a dual op amp and one side can invert, if you need more signal drive.
Old 14th May 2016, 05:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply Jon, but I'm still not sure that I follow.
Peter Daniel posted this schematic that he drew in this thread. Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions

I'm just not sure how the XLR connection goes to the amplifier board depicted in this schematic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balanced.jpg (24.4 KB, 131 views)
Old 14th May 2016, 06:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Actually i think I've got it figured out. It is wired like this? Sorry for the bad ms paint schematic
Attached Images
File Type: png balancedschem.png (129.7 KB, 132 views)
File Type: png lm4780 board.PNG (79.9 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by mcarter14777; 14th May 2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Adding more attachments
Old 27th June 2016, 02:01 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Yes, that's how it's wired. Only one SG pad should be wired as they are connected internally anyway.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Hide this!Advertise here!