• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

dc offset of 180mv.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
change caps

It's most likely Yulong changing it's output offset.

As to advantage of pint 2 is that you can use much smaller cap, so better quality and you actually protect the amp against any possible offsets from sources.

Point 3 only prevents amplifying of the offsets. The amp has approx 32x gain (or 30dB) so if the the source offset is 5mV you will see 150mV at the amp's output.

The possible advantage of point 3 is that the cap, although much bigger, is not in direct signal path so it's effect may not be that obvious. Although, OTOH, there's no such thing as component not in a signal path, everything actually matters.

Is the quality of the capacitors important ? I ask because I have two 2.2uF caps on a 2 dollar amp which doesn't work. Can I use those ? (See pic.)

thank's

rupert

PS I have moved some DAC's around my setup and the funny thing is that when the USB cable is hooked up to the computer, DC offset drops to the LM3875 values as with shorted inputs. Go figure ???

Attachments

• 2 dollar amp.JPG
    2 dollar amp.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.