• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector LM 3875 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched through all the threads and not found an answer. - must admit it is hard to filter through the thousands of posts - so please bear with me if this is repetitive.

I completed the AudioSector premimum LM3875 last week.

Dual mono with avel lindberg 22 volt transformers
No pot
r1 omitted
CHG on amp boards not connected
no leds (may add to front panel later)
12au7 preamp with dc offset approaching 0 v

The amp sounds very good. My concern is that the DC offset varies between ~80 mv and ~110 mv.

I have it connected to a pair of fisher XP 55B speakers that I got at a thrift store for $5

I am just a little leery of connection to my FE126En horns, don't suppose the dc would really harm them, but think it will affect the sound.

My question is how to reduce this offset.

Any help will be appreciated.

gainclone-5.jpg

gainclone-6.jpg

I plan to neaten up the mains wiring, forgot to order fuse holders.....and they are not available locally. - small town.

Thanks,
Ralph in Taos

What is the offset on the amp without source/preamp connected?
I assume it's less than 100mV.

Now, with music playing and offset levels approaching 1V, it can only lead to conclusion that the offset is coming from a preamp. Check the offset on a preamp with music playing and volume cranked up. If the offset indeed comes from a preamp, install coupling cap in place of R1 (2.2uF or more)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.