• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

LM3875 kit troubleshooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having some issues with my amplifier and was wondering if I could get some advice. I have been getting some high frequency hums/noises when I hook it up to my computer. I plan to use my PC as my source. Hopefully this is not too much of an issue.

Unplugged from the PC-source, it is dead quiet. When I attach it to my Ipod Touch, it is also very quiet with only a small hum when I press my ear to the speaker. When I hook it up to my computer, the hum/noises is almost as loud as the music (it does not get louder if I adjust the volume through windows). I have no pot or volume control on the amp.

Using a single transformer and rectifier board to power two amplifier boards.

Currently I am using your power star ground configuration (I think):
Earth ground
PG+ from rectifier board
PG- from rectifier board
PG+ from both amplifier boards
PG- from both amplifier boards
CHG from both amplifier boards with a 8-10 Ohm resistor (although its shorted now, so I don't think the resistor is doing anything. I read somewhere that it was supposed to help...)

-----

I also read somewhere that you want to put a capacitor on each RCA connector. So I believe I have a 1 uF (not sure of value) under the heatshrink. If this is an issue I can verify by cutting the heatshrink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.