• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

LED/RESISTOR COMBO for AudioSector LM4780

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I simple question to Peter if he has time or anybody who may have experience with this kit.

The LED's are just for status display and so don't need to light up much, I would prefer to use the lower output units if possible.

I have these 2 LED's on hand but have no idea what value resistor to use with it. I have 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100k RN55D resistors on hand.

LED-1
AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES|HLMP-KA45-E0000|LED, 3MM, INGAN, BLUE | element14 Australia

or

LED-2
VCC (VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)|VAOL-3GSBY4|LED, 3MM, BLUE, 2500MCD, 470NM | element14 Australia

Cheers all.
Getting close now
Dean

If you are conecting it to about 30v using a RN55D size resistor you can use anything
from about 4k up. Using a 4k resistor would be kind of bright a 100k resistor would be sort of dim. If you just want a rather dim light I would be tempted to start with a 40K
resistor and go from there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.