Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 13th November 2014, 05:48 AM   #311
hartbigsky is offline hartbigsky  United States
diyAudio Member

So I have been teaching myself the different components of this regulator by reading textbooks on my own. I understand the voltage divider on pin 2 of the AD811. Pin 3 I am still not so sure of. Is it in this configuration to be used in a reverse biased mode, in that at 2.5V it functions as an open circuit with limited current not as a 2.5V reference source? What will pin 2 be seeing on pin 3. I know the 811 is a current sensing op amp. With pin 6 output driving the vertical DMOS what is happening at +in, I know under most circumstances no real current flows into an op amp[op amp rules] but rules can be broken under certain circumstances. I guess I am struggling with how this regulating circuit is functioning on my own. Anybody have a non textbook length explanation unless you like to type? Thanks for any help!

apprentice DIYer,
Steve
Old 13th November 2014, 07:37 AM   #312
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Sorry in above post I meant to say unlimited current flow as opposed to reverse bias breakdown current flow. In all the examples I find the anode is at ground and the resistor at the + rail and the reference voltage at its junction. I don't now what you get when the resistor is at ground and the cathode at + rail, what is +in on the AD811 getting, just ground making -in[pin2] virtual ground? What is the diode (voltage regulator) doing? Is it a 2.5V drop as a zener function? Hope someone can help

Steve
Old 13th November 2014, 07:55 PM   #313
diyAudio Member

[IMG]http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy question.jpg[/IMG]

If this file opens see if I am on the right track from the 2 previous post. Thanks!!

Steve
Old 29th January 2015, 03:33 PM   #314
Mickey Solder is offline Mickey Solder  Germany
diyAudio Member

To see the fine pics, I really passed the registration procedure. This is an inspiring article, even to beginners like me. Can you image a guy, looking forward for to his first DAC design based on the TDA1543?! For sure, it's hard to remember for you folks.
Old 12th April 2015, 09:08 AM   #315
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Are Peter Daniel PCBs still available for this DAC? I made one 6 years back and enjoyed the process, then stupidly sold it a few years later. I'd like to build another.

Cheers,

John.
Old 14th June 2015, 03:05 PM   #316
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'll assume not then. Pity...
Old 17th September 2016, 12:04 PM   #317
Piotr is offline Piotr  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi, have you been discussing the subject of i2s input series resisors causing HF filtration? Is this a good idea or not so good?
Old 1st December 2016, 05:36 AM   #318
naim2 is offline naim2
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Did anyone compared Peter's DAC v1 vs v3? Just wondering how they sound different and how the v3 improved on the v1. any comment appreciated. thanks David

Pushing the limits of TDA1543 NOS DACHide this!Advertise here!