Pushing the limits of TDA1543 NOS DAC - Page 30 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 7th April 2014, 09:10 AM   #291
diyAudio Member

Any similar XOR Gate should do. Although my suggestion would be to omit this chip altogether, unless you expect to be swapping polarity very often. You can correct absolute phase by simply swapping your speaker cables so that amp "-" goes to speaker "+". Just remember to swap cables for both speakers, otherwise you will end up with speakers playing out of phase.
Old 8th April 2014, 09:28 PM   #292
diyAudio Member

?? the chip is used for splitting the data signal for the two chips.
Old 22nd April 2014, 04:12 PM   #293
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,
I am looking at images from your audiosector website that shows a version of your TDA1543 SPDIF DAC on a single PCB. It has a single Hammond 16V(229D16) transformer. I am a fledgling builder in the digital realm and was hoping to build this project as a learning tool. Am I right in the one transformer? If so did this operate both DAC and receiver with 16V instead of the 18V shown in this DIYAudio build? If I can do with single is there any forum conversations on that design I can reference?
Thank you for your help, your ideas and build skills are inspiring.
Steve(hartbigsky)
Old 22nd April 2014, 06:34 PM   #294
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I built the analogue section of the design posted in Uncle_Leon's post #237. Currently it is fed with a I2S signal from my Amanero, but next step will be to build the digital section with the cs8412.

For IV coupling capacitors, I am using some Dayton Audio 4.7uF 250V Polypropylene Capacitors from Parts Express. I wanted to try some other capacitors but wasn't sure if I needed to stick to the 4.7uf value. Are there any good alternatives that can be recommended (in lieu of Blackgates)? Should I stick to 4.7uf? TIA for any advice.

Link to post # 237:
Pushing the limits of TDA1543 NOS DAC
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:11 PM   #295
diyAudio Member

Please disregard my post, I just saw post #247 which answered my question
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:09 PM   #296
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartbigsky View Post
Hi Peter,
I am looking at images from your audiosector website that shows a version of your TDA1543 SPDIF DAC on a single PCB. It has a single Hammond 16V(229D16) transformer. I am a fledgling builder in the digital realm and was hoping to build this project as a learning tool. Am I right in the one transformer? If so did this operate both DAC and receiver with 16V instead of the 18V shown in this DIYAudio build? If I can do with single is there any forum conversations on that design I can reference?
Thank you for your help, your ideas and build skills are inspiring.
Steve(hartbigsky)
You can find forum discussion here: Audiosector USB DAC

It's perfectly fine to use single transformer. I'm using Hammond with dual 8V windings: one for DAC, one for receiver circuit.
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 25th April 2014, 08:24 PM   #297
Hierfi is offline Hierfi  Canada
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=Peter Daniel;3902632]You can find forum discussion here: Audiosector USB DAC

Your implementations always look very good Peter. As an aside, what are the power supply inductors and those nice PCB mount RCA jacks shown in your link? Gerrit
Old 27th April 2014, 03:14 AM   #298
diyAudio Member

Thanks for answering my post, how do you get your p2p so close???!!!!Are most contacts the part leads? Also one image looks like the TDA1543 are sitting on a silver case of some type? Do you have any p2p instructions anywhere? Thanks!!!
hartbigsky
Old 3rd May 2014, 12:44 PM   #299
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
TDA1543 sits in a socket, for easy swapping when offset needs adjustment.

I try to use the component leads for most of the connections; with some practice, making it p2p like that is not a big deal. Besides the pictures and schematics, there's no other instructions.
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC
Old 7th May 2014, 02:31 AM   #300
diyAudio Member

Is the socket metal? It looks shiny, or is there just shielding you place around socket. The 8 pin dip sockets I have are plastic body, or do you use something different? Once again thanks for your time!

Hide this!Advertise here!