• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Right Channel Problem on LM3875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
Been listening to my LM3875 premium kit for a week, and it was sounding great. But today the right channel faded out suddenly. There is still faint volume there but not much. I've eliminated speakers and source as problem. Voltages on rails and dc offsets are normal. and all continuity tests are checking out. I will need to remove chip from the board to test...correct? Star grounds are set up exactly as Peter suggests. Speakers are 8 ohms and there has been little detectable heat coming from the chips all week. I'm using a PEC 25K pot. Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks.

Peter. I swapped the boards and the right channel still lacked proper volume. I swapped wiring on pins of the pot and low volume shifted to left channel, which means the problem seems to be in front channel of the PEC. Please let me know if you think I've missed something. Is it possible to repair the PEC? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.