• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

High voltage at speaker out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys , i'm building Peter's premium 3875 kit dual mono using 2 antec 400va 22-22 toroids .

it's hooked up now using a 100w light bulb in circuit on line in .

i'm getting 29+ volts on all inputs to amp boards . on one channel i'm getting 11 mv at speaker terminal the other i'm getting 29+ volts .

i've checked the voltage at pins 1 & 4 on both amp boards and they both read 59v .

any clues on what else i should check ?

thanx , Woody

all set now . no high dc at output . THE CHIP BLEW UP !!! literally blew up . big pop and a chunk missing out of it :)

luckily in planning another project i'd gotten a few spare chips and caps .

removed the offending amp board , checked all the traces . all the connections and found nothing ????????

replaced both caps and the chip and voila :)

i guess i'll never know .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.