LM4780 Stereo Mode Grounding - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 5th March 2010, 11:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default LM4780 Stereo Mode Grounding

Hi,
I am building one of the Audiosector LM4780 kits with each chip in stereo mode with one transformer and one rectifier board. Reading through all the posts I could find on grounding I am still confused as to how to do it with my configuration. Should I be using a version of this scheme?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/1518369-post77.html

I have isolated the chips from the heatsink as recommended but don't know where to go from here.

Any help gratefully received as I'm so close now to getting the amps working and can't wait to hear them,
Mark.
Old 5th March 2010, 02:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I just grounded mains to chassis 1 each from chassis ground on boards and just grounded signal to the spots provided and not to chassis...

Gotta say the amp sounds awsome, I have both amps bridged though.
Old 5th March 2010, 02:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks littlerick, I assume chassis ground is the pad marked chg on the underside of the boards. Am I right in thinking SG on the boards is the input ground from the RCAs and OG is the output ground to go to the speaker connections? I notice they are all connected together anyway when I test with a meter.
Mark.
Old 5th March 2010, 03:00 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes that sounds about right. Make a lightbulb tester too... saves time n hassle.

Hide this!Advertise here!