Cant wait for MkII - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 24th February 2010, 09:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Cant wait for MkII

Well I got to say I have enjoyed building the 4780 kit. It was frustrating at times, but the reward I have was well worth it.

Looking forward to having a go at a MkII model. What would be a good option to go with. Another kit or maybe a PCB set and go to town on the parts.

I like the Audiosector kits, and I like Peter too. Very helpful and understanding.

What could be done to improve on the 4780 kit, I think it is a nicely balanced sounding amp as the standard kit. I can hit full volume and not even a hiss comes through my speakers. I have heard of bigger and better componants being used, but does this realy improve what I am listening too.

I'm so made up that my MkI worked, as it was my first ever go at soldering and them pins are so close, I was sure it was gonna go pop. I'm showing it off now and hoping someone will ask for one to be built... Then I can have a go for free.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:02 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Have a look at LDR attenuators

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...mp.htmlhttp://
Also
DIY "Lightspeed Attenuator" - Passive LDR Volume Control (audio optocouplers)

It wont break the bank and you can do it as a first adventure in stripboard. You can run it from a linear wall wart supply, no expensive transformers to buy.

Here's a link to a top site for browsing.
Stripboard

John
Old 25th February 2010, 01:36 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have been messing with breadboard and doing bits... Mainly LED's in various flashing states..

I still have a little trouble translating schematics to boards, its more about finding right positions for componants. However I can understand what its doing.

As for how this stuff actualy works is like alien technology to me, but I guess as long as I dont actualy try and invent something of my own, and simply make stuff from schematics that work as they should I'm doing ok.

I have a PC power supply that I set up to give me various voltages from 3.3v upto a +12/-12. I use it for my breadboard experiments. I have attached a cdrom inside the box. I want a little amp to fit in the box so I have a portable set up with music attached. I know its a dumb idea, but it gives me a target to go for. I got some LM386, LT1007, LT1028, LT1036 chips and a few tiny smd amps for when I get better.

Hopefully get a bit of cash together and get another kit from Peter. Maybe try the 3875 kit next. The pins look a little easier on that one.

Hide this!Advertise here!