Rectifier board? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 16th January 2010, 01:33 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rectifier board?

Could someone tell me if the rectifier board that I got with my LM4780 kit is any good for anything else...

I havnt killed the 4780.. Yet! I just wondered if the same board could be used with any transformer to use on different set-ups, or if each amp needs a different type of arrangement.
Old 16th January 2010, 03:17 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
It's good for any other applications where you need rectifier bridges.

Here's an example when I used it in a prototype of my phonostage, which later ended up as this: The Phono Stage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phono1.jpg (65.7 KB, 448 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 16th January 2010, 10:17 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Am i right in presuming the purpose of it is to convert a AC signal from transformer to a DC one for amp to use?

If so will it work with any AC transformer?
Old 18th January 2010, 06:36 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes, you are correct.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 27th April 2010, 12:38 AM   #5
tfrei is offline tfrei  United States
diyAudio Member

I put this question here since it deals with the power supply.

I'm putting together my second amp from audiosector. I'm using 24v (secondaries) torroid. My question concerns how to calculate the right resistor for the LED. Let's say I have a 40mA LED with 3Vf (voltage forward). First, I multiply the 24v value of the torroid by 1.4 (=33.6) since this is the actual voltage at the rails. Then I use the formula: (V-Vf)/If=resistor value. In this case: 30.6/.040=740. In addition, one might make an adjustment to have the LED operate at 30mA (not as bright) and redo the calculation. Is this the right way to calculate the LED value in a chip amp environment (specifically your 3887 kit)? Thanks for your help.
Old 27th April 2010, 02:41 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Here's an LED calculator: LED calculator for single LEDs
Old 18th March 2014, 03:55 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have an extra rectefier board. I want to use it with the RJM Sapphire, with a shared toroid between channels. Noe, my question: do I need cap's on it aswell ?
Old 19th March 2014, 11:03 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

No, you don't need to as the caps are already on Sapphire board.

Hide this!Advertise here!