• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Window 7 - USB DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I update two home PCs to Windows 7. I hooked up my PD USB DAC which worked flawlessly under xp and unknown device error. Drilling down to the
properties under control panel, see this message

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Goggling around I see other threads/discussion regarding USB audio and Windows 7 which see to point to DRM

I see this on both computers, various USB ports. Anyone successfully using the
DAC with Win 7? Any tricks to getting it going?

Thanks

Stroob

From the Microsoft support website, "Code 43
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem."

Doesn't seem like a DRM issue on the surface... But with Microsoft who knows...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.