• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The Phono Stage

Hey all.
Well, Peter, all I can say is that every time you put forth a design it is always well thought out and truly professional looking...Congrats on that!
I am considering building one of these to replace my ARC PH3SE, which, while a truly nice piece of gear, just doesn't really have enough gain for the LOMCs that I enjoy using.
I am wondering - has anyone done any subjective comparison between this and any other good phono stages? I have quite a bit of listening experience with the Pass Xono, Whest 2, Rossner und Sohn, but ultimately would like to build something...
Regards,
Byron

J511 is not really expensive if you know where to find it. I've been also successfully using 1N5314 as an alternative. The board is designed in such a way that you can basically install anything there.

"K" is additional pad for axial components (also means Cathode).

Attachments

• diode.jpg
    diode.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,599
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I was able to get the J511 from HK, 4 for $10. Also, the 1N5314 really is easy to get. In fact the hardest part for me was remembering which IEC inlets would fit Peter's boards. Got some that were too thick, so if I were to make a recommendation on the BOM, it would be to put in the PN for the IEC inlets that fit.