• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Universal Power Supply PCB

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Yes, it's recommended to connect center ground traces (red jumper in attached pic). That would be your power star ground where all other grounds are connected (also the chassis ground). Attached is also wiring diagram for F5 amp.

What are you guys using to connect all the grounds to a single point?
Soldering or some kind of post?

I bought your Aleph J psu boards and PCB and have a question for you. Pass uses 120,000uf worth of caps in his psu, but you only have space for 2 possibly 4. what is the reasoning behind this? what caps would you suggest for quality implementation for the Aleph J.

What is the reasoning? To use not more parts than necessary.

Attached is search result for compatible caps from digikey which are in line with what Pass uses (they are also rated more generously)

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 2,202
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I used the universal power supply as a regulated +-15 supply using LM317 and it's compliment. To get the voltage to +-15v, I used a adjustible resistor. One of the legs on the pot is floating or not connected. I know it would be best to remove it, measure it and replace it with a resistor, but I would like to keep it in for now.

What should I do with the third leg of the pot that's floating? Leave it floating, ground it or attach it to the center pin of the pot itself?

Thanks,

Vince

Last edited:
Hi Peter.

I wish to use my universal PCB I purchased a while back from you to provide 24V for a Pass Labs B1 buffer.

R1 = 240R
R2 = 5R adjustable

I'm using Black Gate Standard 1000uF/50V for the main PSU caps either side of the LM317 on your board.

Do I need to bother with C1/C2/C5 in your opinion?

Many thanks!

- John