• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,as many members here know Peter Daniel, He is the one to get started in this DIY amps.I have build many of his diy kit amplifiers and I always get the same excellent results. Right now I have my LM3875 playing in my living room and it is going to stay there.if you are looking to get started in this DIY staff, just get one of his LM3875 kits and you will see what I am talking about.
Simplicity is the goal! He is always willing to help in his site AudioSector.com or here at Diyaudio.

Here're the international shipping rates for a single transformer, are you still up to it?

Attachments

• rate.jpg
    rate.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 900
Hi Peter. Just checking out your new website.

Doing my usual vetting of any online vendor, I checked out the "contact us" page. There we get a webform for an eMail inquiry, and nothing else.

So, the first thing I would say to you is you need to have a physical address on the site somewhere. I won't order from any place that does not, and I know I'm not alone.

Secondly, the second thing I look for is information about shipping. Now, you're in Canada and so am I, so this would not really be a huge issue in this case.

However, I won't order from a vendor out-of-country that doesn't have clear shipping guidelines and indicates what carrier they use (if it's UPS only in a US-based store, for example, I close the window and go back to Google. If there's no shipping information at all, even if they otherwise would use a preferred shipper, I still close the window and go back to Google). So, I would expect non-Canadians to want to see this as well.

Regards.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, I will certainly apply some of the suggestions in my future site revisions.

Regarding the shipping, if you check my rates, it should be clear that it can be done with postal service only. I know that Canadians are allergic to UPS (me too) and they are fussy about shipping, but customers from Canada are less than 5% of my volume and my current guidelines worked pretty well for everybody else.

PS: Now that I think about it, could be 5% due to the issues you mentioned? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, I will certainly apply some of the suggestions in my future site revisions.

Regarding the shipping, if you check my rates, it should be clear that it can be done with postal service only. I know that Canadians are allergic to UPS (me too) and they are fussy about shipping, but customers from Canada are less than 5% of my volume and my current guidelines worked pretty well for everybody else.

PS: Now that I think about it, could be 5% due to the issues you mentioned? ;)

how I can create a theme RRA amplifier Jacobid SUBZERO .: Confused::, Confused:,: Confused:

AJ connection to xlr

Hi Peter Daniel,

I'm using your AJ board for my mono blocks. Please let me know if I have made the correct connection to the xlr as I'm not using any rca. Do I need to connect SG to pin 1 of the xlr or do I connect the GND to the pin 1 of the xlr?

Attachments

• AJ diagram5.jpg
    AJ diagram5.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 362
So you are using one board per channel for unbalanced operation, just the input is XLR, right?

In that case positive input to the amp goes to pad marked IN+, ground to SG and IIRC the pad marked as IN- should be grounded too.

GND pad is for connecting ground reference from power supply board. Also, ground from PS goes directly to speaker negative connector.

For balanced operation you need two of those boards per channel plus daughter board.

Some additional; info can be found here: Group buy: Peter Daniels AJ-X pcb GroupBuy2 - diyAudio

So you are using one board per channel for unbalanced operation, just the input is XLR, right?

In that case positive input to the amp goes to pad marked IN+, ground to SG and IIRC the pad marked as IN- should be grounded too.

GND pad is for connecting ground reference from power supply board. Also, ground from PS goes directly to speaker negative connector.

Some additional; info can be found here: Group buy: Peter Daniels AJ-X pcb GroupBuy2 - diyAudio

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for the reply.

Yes, one board per channel using just the XLR input.

Please see the attached drawing. Is this what you mean by grounding the IN- as well?

Attachments

• AJ XLR.png
    AJ XLR.png
    514.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.