Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 24th February 2009, 04:43 PM   #511
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone
Is it ok to use bnc connectors and RG59 cable for analog audio signal?
Old 24th February 2009, 05:51 PM   #512
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I don't see a problem with that.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 24th February 2009, 05:54 PM   #513
diyAudio Member

Thanks
Old 24th February 2009, 07:12 PM   #514
diyAudio Member

Default Gainclone construction - 8 Channel

Andrew T and Peter

I want to send pictures but at my level of computer competency there might be a little frost around hades before I am able to do it.

As far as the ground situation: I have one star ground with three connections: one from each "bank" of 4 amplifier boards and one from the power supply. ( There is no connection of the two secondary windings to anything except the circuit boards - AC1 and AC2). A total of 3 wires are running to the star ground.

I isolated each amplifier input and output from the chassis and ran ground wires from the connectors to each circuit board where Peter provided a connection point. Each amp board in a bank - left and right - is connected to the others, again as peter has shown for two boards - only I made it a total of 4 on each side. It is from those 4 connected grounds to the circuit boards that a wire was run to the star ground. See paragraph 2 above.

Thus the input and output grounds all occur at the level of the circuit boards, and from there go to the star ground.

HTH. Please ask more questions.

Thank you for your interest in my project.

Joe Ewing
Old 26th February 2009, 11:40 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

Hello Peter, Andrew and others - i'd be very grateful for some help with an Audiosector LM4780 amp (bridged setup)...

Both channels worked fine initially on the bench - credit to the extraordinary depth of info on this forum

but, having mounted them in an aluminium roasting pan, one channel is causing the bulb tester to light up brightly.

with the amp separated from the power board, the latter is correctly giving about 32v. With the boards connected, the voltages at the outputs of the power board fall to about 8v (V+ to PG+ and V- to PG-). With the power board disconnected, the resistance between V+ and V- on the amp board is 50 Ohms.

this is without the chip being mounted on anything. The resistance between the chip's metal back and V- is 60 Ohms (it should be none?) and between the back and V+ is 45 Ohms

I can't see a short anywhere - could it be that? or have i fried the chip or another component? the other channel is set up just the same and seems fine. i haven't got any source or speakers connected. what else can i test?

any tips much appreciated!

thanks
ben
Old 8th March 2009, 03:10 PM   #516
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to tiglitosa
Hello

While i was finishing my audiosector GC i left the Rfnb for the end to solder. (as soon as i finish it i will post some pics)

I was quite busy with the cases and in the mess i lost my caddocks 22k. Trying to find in Greece caddocks or dales or something of that range i came up with nothing. Anyone know of a source online or other?

Peter any ideas?

Thanx
Nick
Old 9th March 2009, 01:12 AM   #517
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
partsconnexion.com
percyaudio.com
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 12th March 2009, 12:01 AM   #518
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone
Is it possible to parallel two lm4780 chips to get +- 240watts per
channel? If so, do I have to place any additional resistors or capacitors and were?
Old 12th March 2009, 12:40 AM   #519
diyAudio Member

You're looking for what's known as a BPA setup... Bridge Parallel. Try searching for BPA300.
Old 12th March 2009, 01:12 AM   #520
diyAudio Member

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!