• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions

Elna, Nichicon, Nippon, Keltron, Panasonic, Sprague, Taicon, TDK, Vishay, any standard brand, just stay away from Chines, and preferably 105 C rated.
I'm planning to recap my old amp, but its difficult nowadays to buy Keltron in retail qty. I had recapped old Norge amps with good quality Pinsumi , Rubycon cap from local Lamington road, Mumbai market. No one sells in retail at lamington nowadays or one has to settle down for cheap Chinese caps. Online rates are thrice expensive with unknown date codes. Any idea about where to get these in retail?

I get mine locally, at least 5 retail shops here , and a wholesale trader as well, he sells packets of 500 / 1000 Keltron, never did ask how many in a packet, no need.
The traders know me, and will offer Japanese or really good Chinese if I need a value which is not available in Keltron.

Best to ask a local TV tech, and see if he can source them for you, the extra money may be worth the saving in time for you.

Reactions: 1 user