• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Is the Super 8 REALLY a subwoofer???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking for a couple small sub drivers and a friend of mine pointed me to the super 8. If nother else it is a wicked looking driver, but with a Fs of 47hz, is it really a sub driver? I have .8 cu ft boxes. How can I make that driver work as a sub in those boxes as a sub?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have sold hundreds of these and have been used as subs.
Mostly in cars, but also for music and gaming.

There is a lot of imformation either on my website by clicking on the picture
and on you tube (type in Apex Jr and there are at least 4 video's of customers using these in there cars)

I'm sure their are a lot of people on this forum that can chime in too.

I should mention that I started out with about 800 of these and down to
about 20 left in stock.

Steve @ Apex Jr.

I was looking for a couple small sub drivers and a friend of mine pointed me to the super 8. If nother else it is a wicked looking driver, but with a Fs of 47hz, is it really a sub driver? I have .8 cu ft boxes. How can I make that driver work as a sub in those boxes as a sub?

The MCM 55-2421 and the Super 8 are a couple of popular 8" subs. The MCM is a bit more work, because it really needs a ported box, bandpass, or horn to get the most output. (It's very inefficient, but it has a low FS of 31hz, which means it can get low with a bit of help.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.