• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support - Apex Jr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Apex jr reply

Shipping costs are determined by weight.
The least expensive way to ship is by USPS Flat Rate
An Envelope with a limit of under 4 lbs is $15.50
A Medium Flat Rate Box limit under 20 lbs $44.50
A Large Flat Rate Box limit under 20 lbs $56.50
As for PayMent I will accept PayPal with a 5% fee
or a TT with a $15.00 fee.

Steve @ Apex Jr

Joined 2002
Paid Member
question for Steve on the toroids: Do you really, or sort of, rate the voltage of these babies @ the specified amps??
What would the no-load ACV be on the 13.6--15.5V or so?

I see if the toroids are marked and normally the voltages are no load voltages
otherwise they need to be checked and use a DMM also under no load.

Steve

Attachments

• DSC00591.jpg
    DSC00591.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 600
NOT Step up/down XMFR's

but I might have some transformers to take you from 115-220 and 220-115 in stock various va rating's
I am an Electronic Tech. & spent 20 yrs. living in Europe & Asia, so I know all about Step up/down XMFRs. I can buy those here in Philippines.

What I need are the 220 volt power supply boards (or simply the Internal 220V power XMFR), for APEX DVD players.

Reason for Converting electronics: In Philippines the AC power is 220V, single phase, 60Hz, UNgrounded. Neutral is rarely actually grounded. In Phils. Neutral is an ungrounded "Common". The Phils. electric outlets are the old 2-prong USA outlets. Filipinos don't understand different AC voltages. They see an AC plug that matches an AC outlet & plug it in. Without converting 110V electronics to 220, eventually they WILL be plugged into 220V & destroy the internal pwr. XMFR. For an external step down XMFR to preclude being unplugged, it MUST be Hard-Wired into the AC pwr cord. It's much better to simply replace the internal 110V pwr XMFR, with a 220V version. Once that is done, the equipment can never be plugged into the wrong voltage.

MLStrand56

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.