PRO-JECT SPEED BOX Mk2

In our end of the world based on 50Hz, I assume 50 Hz when switched at 33 rpm and the right multiple when switched to 45 rpm. You don't have to switch the pully anymore, just push a button.
I also assume the US (60Hz) world has it's own version of the box. I have not yet opened it whether there are switchable or interchangeble parts.

E&E

Irakli said:
Hi All,

Could any body tell me what is the output voltage fequency for
PRO-JECT SPEED BOX Mk2 ?
Here is the link
http://www.musicdirect.com/products/detail.asp?sku=ASUMSPEEDBOX

I have Thorens TD-166 with 17V AC motor (60Hz), and I want to try speedbox on it.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

I'm using the MK 1 SpeedBox on my Thorens 166 (both for 50 Hz), works like a charm. Though the phasing capacitor in my Thorens (not original cap) has the wrong size, so i doesn't work on 45 rpm output from the SpeedBox.

If you can't get at SpeedBox with 60Hz output for 33 1/3 rpm, you might consider changing the pulley on the motor in the Thorens. After-market pulleys made of aluminium or steel are available.

Best regards
KJ

Thanks all for tips.
I've got my Speedbox MkII today from musicdirect.com.

First thing I measured an output frequency. So here it goes:
it is 45Hz on 33 setting and 60Hz on 45 setting (speedbox has a button switch for 33/45).
Works perfectly with my Thorens 166 (using 45 setting to play 33 records). There is no way to play 45 records with this setup. Oh well, I dont have any anyway :)