shure V15VxMR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use V15VMR, has the same brush. I always keep the brush up, noise is added with brush down especially in silent passages between loud passages, apparently the bristles are vibrated by adjacent grooves. I guess you wouldn't notice with rock music, but I listen to a lot of classical and some jazz. If you play clean records and perhaps adjust tonearm damping the brush is pretty much superfluous.

I have used this cartridge in a Rega RB-300 for many years. The instruction sheet that came with the cartridge says that the brush in the down position supplies a counterbalancing force of 0.5g, so that the tracking force should be set 0.5g higher to compensate. So, if you lower or raise the brush, you should reset the tracking force accordingly. The fact that your cartridge appears "wobbly" when the brush is raised might be due to excessive tracking force???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.