Dutchfly cartridge YouTube video's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw some cartridge movies on Youtube made by Dutchfly.

AT440MLa
Goldring 1042
Grado Prestige Gold
Denon DL-160

I have a couple of questions about them: (to Dutchfly or others)
1. I hear you naming the frequencies but the tone I hear is much higher. Must I multiply it with 1000 or have you electronically raised the freq?
2. I saw that with curtain freq the cart is starting to shake, is this because of the compliance of the cart? AT 10cm/dyne, Denon 10, Goldring 16 and Grado 20.
The Denon doesn’t shake at all and the tone stays stable, medium mass arm of the Technics?

Interesting that the AT has a resonant frequency of ~8Hz in this arm- using an online calculator, and arm between 2.5g and 13g eff. mass would get this cart within the 8-12Hz frequency range.

This ranges to a little heavier than I would have expected, given the high compliance of this cartridge.

Also, the calculation for the Dynamic compliance give 20.8x10^-6 cm/dyne. The spec sheets give a value of 10 for the dynamic compliance, and 40 for the static.

Just thought I'd mention it.

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.