Attempting to realize a series of inventions....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, you might want to consider trying this with old floppies. A friend actually fiddled around with 5 1/4" ones to record audio using delta modulation.

OTOH - Danger Will Robinson! that site you linked does not have a health and saftey clause, experimenting with laser diodes scavenged from DVD and CD burners is definately asking for trouble.

I was thinking floppies too.. If I can't figure out a way to make it work without allowing contact between the audio heads and the platter, I'll work towards floppy..

That's very cool that your friend got it working... I wonder if it's absolutely necessary to use modulation... as I would prefer to keep it demodulated for quality reasons... That's something to think about though..

Yeah there's some craziness going on over there... I'm too scared to mess with all that though... If I wanted to work on something dangerous it'd be vacuum tubes, not lasers :D ...

Thanks for the replay and have a good one!

Joshua

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.