Just another RIAA......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: QSXM3

Cobra2 said:
And it also sounds great ! Now, I need to find a home for it (chassi).
A little gain-adjustment 100ohm -> 75ohm was what I needed.
All components are matched, even had to order another 10 of the RIAA caps for getting a match...
Didn't you use 2.5% caps? Is it polyester....green? :magnify:

Now the picture looks better but how about the class A circuit? FET + resistor only.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: QSXM3

6800pF + 2,5% = 6970...
And when I do critical matching, I try to go for +/- 0,1%. :cool:
Witch "wastes" a lot of components....:bawling:
Having looked over the schematics & instructions, I think I have removed the surplus components, exept a few, that should be isolated from the circuit anyway (without transistors).

ArneK

Attachments

• qsxm3x2.jpg
    qsxm3x2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 606
Hi to everybody;

i am currently working on a opamp based phono stage as well. I saw the circuit of the 606 data sheet and it is quite the same as mr lehmann uses (black Cube) except the opamps and a dc coupling cap/subsonic filter.

My plan is to do it like shown on the picture, but i did not finish planning yet. I ordered several OPAmps like AD797, SSM2019, INA217, OPA627 and OPA637. The goal is to have a quiet phono stage, which forces to choose from very few opamps for input stage. Apart from the first three of the obove mentioned there are only a few more to mention: LT1028, THAT1510.

The circuit will be working, but i am not sure about the 1K5 cap on +input of second OPAmp (whether it will change RIAA ...?) and about the output resistor and if i should put a further cap in series with that 100R.

Cheers Christian.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.